PT Admin Asst Position w/Earth Island

Susan Kamprath

May 10, 2022, 4:36:04 PM5/10/22
to ynpn...@googlegroups.com
The Project Support Team at Earth Island Institute is hiring a part-time Administrative Assistant position.  You can find the posting below or linked here.  More information about Earth Island can be found at www.earthisland.org  Information about how to submit an application is included below.

Please share with your networks, the position will be open until filled.

JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant - Project Support Program
ORGANIZATION: Earth Island Institute

Earth Island Institute (EII), a 501(c)(3) organization, provides fiscal sponsorship, resources,
training, technical assistance, and peer relationships to environmental activists looking for an
organizational home and institutional leverage for their work. EII’s Project Support Program
serves nearly 80 environmental projects with the goals of strengthening the capacity of each
project to effectively address environmental issues, create synergy between activists working
on similar topics, and allow project directors to focus their energy on their campaigns and
programs. For more information about our project support program, please go to our website
at www.earthisland.org.

Responsibilities:
This position is part of the Earth Island project support team and serves an essential
administrative support function for our project advisors working to meet the needs of our
projects under the supervision of the director of operations.

Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Document Review & Organization
○ Assist in compiling, reviewing, and processing information related to accounts
payable and receivable.
○ Help to ensure the timely and accurate processing of accounting information.
○ Communicate and retrieve documentation related to deposits and payments
from projects.

● Data Entry
○ Input all information related to grants received by our projects and grants paid
out by our projects into the Salesforce database and our Egnyte secure server.
○ Input all information related to contracts entered into by our projects on our
Egnyte secure server and other locations including Google Sheets and Nifty.

● Electronic Document Filing
○ Upload and maintain uniform naming conventions and file organization for
grants, contracts, leases, and all other types of agreements in their respective
storage locations (Salesforce, Egnyte, Nifty, Google).

Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong administrative, organization, and
communication/interpersonal skills and an ability to work both independently and as part of a
team. Qualified applicants must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and focused yet flexible when
faced with changing priorities.

This position requires two years of related experience, ideally in the nonprofit sector, including
working with databases (such as Salesforce). Candidates must have a comprehensive working
knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel, Gmail, and other Google
platforms.

Hours, Location, and Compensation:
This is a regular part-time position of 20 hours/week with a schedule to be determined. The
Project Support Team is based in our Berkeley, California, office. Due to Covid-19 protocols, the
project support staff has been working from home and coming into the office as needed.
However, this is not a remote position and candidates should be available for in-office work as
public health guidance allows.

This position is available immediately.

Salary range is $25-30/hour, depending on experience, with benefits, in addition to vacation
prorated at 50% (0-1 year 1.66 per pay period) and prorated benefits at 50% employer-paid
medical, dental, and vision.

COVID-19 Considerations:
Earth Island is committed to protecting the health of our employees. To this end, Earth Island
employees are required to be vaccinated or provide documentation of medical or religious
exemption. Our Berkeley office is open though access is limited to employees and tenants. In
accordance with current guidelines, employees are required to wear masks in common areas of
the office. We will continue to evaluate these policies and practices informed by public health
guidance.

To Apply:
Please send your résumé along with a cover letter expressing your interest in Earth Island and how your qualifications align with the responsibilities of this position to jo...@earthisland.org with Administrative Assistant in the subject line. Position will be open until filled.

Earth Island Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status,
amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local
laws.

--

facebook
twitter