Associate Director, Talent and DEI - Net Impact

Net Impact

Jun 3, 2021, 12:57:24 PM6/3/21
to YNPN San Francisco Bay Area

Net Impact is currently seeking an exceptional Associate Director, Talent and DEI to join its growing team. The AD, Talent and DEI will report to the CEO and manage and execute all aspects of HR and talent management at Net Impact, with a mindful focus on strengthening the org’s diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) effort.

With responsibility for core internal functions and teams, the AD, Talent and DEI will lead talent development and management to ensure efficient and effective ongoing operations. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), the AD will work with executives, staff and board members in leading the development and implementation of proactive diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives for Net Impact. The ideal candidate will have 8 to 12 years of talent management experience. They are a thoughtful leader with a passion in DE&I, culture development and community building. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a people leader with aspirations to master all aspects of talent management, HR and DE&I to join a successful organization positioned for significant growth.

At this time, Net Impact can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis. Unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.

Net Impact values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and individuals of all socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for the position.

Key Responsibilities:

The Associate Director, Talent and DEI will serve as part of Net Impact’s Senior Leadership Team and contribute to the org's strategy, goal-setting, and culture.

Talent and Human Resources

●      Work closely with the leadership team to create and implement an agile staff development strategy

●      Plan and implement creative and cost-effective approaches for recruiting and selecting a strong, diverse team of high-quality staff

●      Lead organization-wide talent initiatives and continuous improvements, including but not limited to goal setting, performance evaluation, professional development, and staff support; work closely with senior leaders to ensure proper training and execution

●      Lead policy and process development and improvements, including but not limited to employee handbook regular updates, compensation philosophy development, and remote working policy development.

●      In collaboration with Senior Leadership team, foster a positive culture of enthusiasm and excellence across the entire organization; lead all efforts related to employee appreciation, employee engagement and team building

●      Develop effective onboarding, orientation, and training programs for new employees

●      With outside vendor, manage all HR administration, including new hire, employee exit, benefits administration, payroll, employee verification, HR advisory and policy and procedure development

●      Ensure internal compliance and execution of policies and procedures

●      Consult with other managers to ensure legal and ethical employee relations strategies occur

Diversity, Equity and Inclusion

Be the center of expertise on DE&I and affirmative action within Net Impact to accomplish the following:

●      Work with senior leadership to develop and implement an org-wide DE&I strategy on overall business practices, including but not limited to recruiting, talent management, company culture development, community engagement, and event planning and execution

●      Plan, guide and advise the Net Impact team on diversity, equity and inclusion and affirmative action matters. Collaborate with Senior Leadership team to create, implement and monitor program design and internal business practices to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all

●      Design and implement company policies that reinforce diversity, equity and inclusion and affirmative action matters in the workplace

●      Train hiring managers and staff on how to select, manage, evaluate and retain diverse employees

●      Provide analysis of legislation and regulations related to equity and affirmative action and makes recommendations to leadership on policy and practice

●      Establish and maintain an internal audit and reporting system on DE&I to allow for effective measurement of Net Impact’s programs, initiatives and general operations. Assess and monitor program effectiveness and keeps management informed of equal opportunity progress and issues through periodic reports

Overall Qualifications / Requirements:

Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about DE&I, talent development, and culture development. They understand, are sensitive to, and respect the diverse socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disabilities and sexual orientation of staff, Net Impact’s chapter members, external partners and Board. They are not afraid to speak their mind and are skilled at collaboration to obtain buy-in from across the organization. The ideal candidate will have talent/HR oversight experience at a similar sized or larger organization, and with a strong passion for mastering these aspects of small business management.

In addition, successful candidates should be able to demonstrate an ability to work efficiently and fast, be nimble in the face of change and hold a positive and collaborative attitude. Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) are a must.

●      8 to 12 years working in compliance or related human resources function

●      Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a compassionate nature

●      Skilled in providing strategic leadership, cultural competency, conflict resolution, project management and change management

●      Have a strong familiarity and understanding of legal matters related to diversity, equality and inclusion

●      Enthusiasm for optimizing processes and understanding all aspects of talent management

●      Motivated self-starter with ability to establish and meet goals and objectives

●      High standards for excellence and exceptional attention to detail

●      Enthusiastic commitment to Net Impact’s mission

●      Strict confidentiality on personnel and HR information

●      Demonstrated success in leading DE&I initiatives in a similar size or larger org is strongly preferred

To Apply:

Please send the following application materials directly to car...@netimpact.org. Applications without all materials or submitted via other channels will not be considered. Please write your name and the title for this position (Your name – AD, Talent and DEI) in the subject line of your email.

1)   Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact and your qualifications

2)   Resume

3)   Salary expectations

Hours: Full-time

Location: Currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our office will remain closed or partially opened for staff upon request until it is safe to resume regular operations, at which point, it is preferred that the AD, Talent and DEI will be able to be present in our Oakland, CA, USA offices. Net Impact continually assesses COVID risk, market convention related to work locale policies.

Compensation: The salary range for this position is $85,000 to $95,000 annually, depending on experience. Competitive benefits package available, including medical, vision and dental insurance, flexible vacation and more.

About Net Impact

Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact Conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 400 chapters in nearly 50 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.

Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy

Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.

Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.