Seeking Community Leaders

Ilyasah Shabazz

Sep 2, 2021, 10:46:11 AM9/2/21
to ynpn...@googlegroups.com
Want to make real change happen in San Francisco?

As nonprofit professionals, we know and understand the power of many coming together to give money and time.

Individuals around the world are starting giving circles, where they team up with friends, family and/or co-workers, discuss issues in their community, pool their dollars, and decide as a group where to make a collective gift.

I am writing to invite all of you to join this movementAt Philanthropy Together, we're democratizing and diversifying philanthropy through the power of giving circles. Some examples of giving circles that have started in the past year, include:
  • American Muslim Women's Giving Circle - a group of Muslim women supporting Muslim women-led nonprofits
  • Black Trans Lives Thrive - a virtual giving circle supporting orgs led by and for Black Trans leaders
  • Vital Little Plansan artist collective and giving circle that supports equitable, creative, and vital plans that are arts-driven and community-led for neighborhoods and places.
Starting Tuesday, September 14, Philanthropy Together is hosting Launchpad For You, which is a 5-week interactive virtual training program to equip community leaders with the tools and inspiration they need to start their own giving circle.

If you want to make a big impact by starting a giving circle, please complete an interest form by Wednesday, September 8.

Also, if you have any questions about Philanthropy Together, Launchpad, or giving circles in general, let me know!

Ilyasah N Shabazz (she/her)

Director of Marketing and Communications

M 336.303.0755 (Eastern Time)