information about June 2nd Pride parade

1 view

karenle...@gmail.com

May 30, 2024, 3:12:14 PMMay 30
to ykuc...@googlegroups.com

I hope you are all looking forward to marching in this year’s Yellowknife Pride parade. Because they want groups signed in and ready to assemble by 12:30 at the latest, I suggest that we plan to go directly from worship to Somba K’e park. I will check us in and complete the form referenced in the notes below. I encourage people to bring a snack and a water bottle.

Below are instructions/information sent out by the organizers:

  • The parade is on SUNDAY JUNE 2ND, and everyone will be meeting at Somba K'e Park. Check-in STARTS at 11am, and CLOSES at 12:30pm. Arrive early and please ensure your group is ready to start lining up by 12:30pm.
  • Check-in will take place at the Somba K'e parking lot entrance. Check-In will involve filling out a quick one page form. If your group includes a vehicle, please come prepared with the license plate number, name, and contact information for the driver. Please ensure vehicles are parked in designated parking stalls until called to join the parade line up.
  • Unaffiliated community groups are asked to come up with group names to help with the line-up process. Have fun with it!
  • Make sure you take care of yourselves! Bring water bottles (a refill station will be onsite), sunscreen, and layers. The current weather forecast is a bit chilly, around 10c, with a 30% chance of rain for the day. Hopefully there is no rain on our parade, but come prepared! Food will not be served until after the parade, around 2pm, so eat beforehand and bring snacks so you don't get hungry.
  • Consider bringing a speaker to play music as the parade moves down the street! Please keep the songs family friendly! There will be a pre-made spotify playlist made available on the day for anyone who wants to use it.
  • Attached is a map of the parade route and the locations for check-in and the BBQ.

2024parademap.pdf