Guaranteed Basic Income presentation on June 5th

1 view

ka...@avens.ca

Jun 4, 2024, 9:46:42 AMJun 4
to ykuc...@googlegroups.com

“Poverty can happen very quickly to anyone. Our long-standing commitment to calling for a Guaranteed Livable Income first articulated in 1972 took on new resolve and urgency in the pandemic, and we continue to persist today.” (UCC website)

The Outreach Committee is a member of Alternatives North, a local social, economic and environmental justice organization.  Alternatives North has invited Karl Widerquist "a leader of the worldwide basic income movement" to their meeting on June 5th .  Meeting will be at 12:15 in Ecology North boardroom,  or join online (if interested contact Karen H ka...@avens.ca for the link).

More on Karl Widerquist, Professor of Philosophy at Georgetown University-Qatar, here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Widerquist

A report on Basic Income for the NWT from 2023, helped funded by UCC, is here: https://alternativesnorth.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/2023-04-13-nwt-big-project-full-report-43752.pdf

Karen Hamre