Correction: Announcements for June 9, 2024

karenle...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2024, 5:02:12 PMJun 7
to ykuc...@googlegroups.com

Announcements for June 9, 2024

Upcoming Events:

Worship Services are on Sundays at 11:00AM in the Church Auditorium until the end of June. Beginning July 7, 2024 worship will begin at 10:00 AM.

June 9 - Annual Congregational Meeting immediately following worship, Lunch provided

June 9 – Union Sunday Celebrating 99 years - United Church of Canada

June 16 – Beach Church & Picnic at Fred Henne Park All are welcome

June 23 – Circle worship with special guest, Ruth Mercredi

June 30 – Worship services led by Janice Daly

July 7 – Led by Karen Wilford - Summer hours at 10:00 AM/ July/ August

July 14 – Welcome back, Rev. Alison Mock

Offering:

June 2, 2024 (including PAR average)  $2,087

2024 Average Weekly                   $1,749

2024 Weekly Budget Target Figures:    $1,721

Wider Church News & Resources: June is Indigenous History Month and June 21st is National Indigenous Peoples’ Day.  How will you be marking this time that has come to be recognized because of the advocacy and leadership of First Nations people? New worship materials are available on the United Church website. This site also contains all previous National Indigenous Day orders of service as well as many other Indigenous-themed worship resources.

Awasisak: Our Children, Our Future, film and talk with Dr. Patricia Makokis, Monday, June 10, 2024, 7:00 to 8:30 pm MDT/ CST, 8:00-9:30PM CDT, online The Being Good Relations Network in Northern Spirit and Chinook Winds Regional Councils invites you to a webinar in honour of Indigenous History Month. We will watch the video together and be in conversation with the film producer and walk organizer Dr. Patricia Makokis, Saddle Lake Cree Nation servant leader, about what our children are learning, how we take part in treaty, and the possibility of organizing treaty walks and talks in our communities. To view the first two videos in the series, see www.treatytalk.com All welcome! Click here for a shareable invitation. Zoom connection details:

(https://united-church.zoom.us/j/83155001968?pwd=wj7UI4C8Hen4VdGqrp17OtP2Zpbfzo.1)

Call to prayer and updates: Family News; wildfires in our Regional Council While the fire situation has improved over the past week, the people of Fort Nelson and Fort Nelson First Nation remain away from their homes. We offer thanks to courageous first responders, fire fighters and community leaders; and to family and friends and the communities of Fort St John, Dawson Creek and far beyond who are hosting those evacuated. Please click here for more details.

(https://northernspiritrc.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=56d54c5fe027cfb46b9a0550e&id=f8f95888e7&e=b1024f9ac1)

Mission & Service Stories: Advocating for Sexual and Gender Minorities in Other Countries. Same-sex attraction is a crime in 71 countries, and

11 of them have the death penalty. The stories people share after they escape these repressive governments clearly show the risks 2SLGBTQIA+ people take. Mission and Service brings together church leaders in foreign countries to discover how we can help make the church a place of liberation and life for sexual & gender minorities in those places.🌈

Help Your Community of Faith and Mission & Service with PAR :

Don’t be PAR-alyzed. It’s easy to invite people to PAR-take in PAR month. We have all the PAR-aphernalia and resources you need. There’s even a sample plan so you don’t have to do all the work to PAR-ticipate.

Download them from the Giving Monthly Through PAR webpage. All kidding aside, inviting people to monthly giving through PAR (Pre-Authorized

Remittance) is an easy way for you to help increase generosity in your community of faith. And increasing generosity not only increases ministry, it’s also a great way to nurture discipleship as people learn to walk the Way of Jesus. Please make a big deal about it . Have fun with it. PAR-ty on! Set up monthly donations to support ongoing work.

Spread the word: Encourage others to join PAR! Resources and plans:

Visit the PAR webpage for details. Let's make a difference, together! Go to the PAR webpage to access resources and your PAR month campaign plan.

Red Bins: Thanks to everyone for helping with the bins so far this year. Since June 1, we have filled 3 trailers so far in 2024!

Now trying to fill the calendar ahead for June, July and August. I have listed all the openings below and if you are able to help out, please let me know. This project has been a great fundraiser for the church over the past number of years and it wouldn’t be possible without your help. Thanks for your consideration. Current openings are:

June 16-30- Coop; July; 1-15- Coop; July 16-31- Coop; July 16-31- Field-house & Independent; August 1-15- Coop; August 16-31- Coop; August 16-31- Field-house & Independent; September 1-15 Coop; September 1-15 - Field-house & Independent.

Be Part of History: Save the Date! United Church 100th anniversary reminder and resources Lots of preparations for the June 2025 centenary of the United Church are getting underway. Read on.

On June 9, the national church will hold a live-streamed national anniversary service at 2:00PM CST.

(https://northernspiritrc.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=56d54c5fe027cfb46b9a0550e&id=ddf9473867&e=b1024f9ac1)

Celebrating 100 Years of Deep, Bold, Daring Celebrating 100 Years of Deep. Bold. Daring. Join us for a worship service to kick off a year-long celebration of the 100th anniversary of The United Church of Canada. The 100th Anniversary kick-off service will be held at Metropolitan United Church in Toronto. It will also be live-streamed.

Don't miss this special event! Details to come soon. Date: Sunday, June 9, 2024; Time: 4:00 p.m. ET Location: Metropolitan United Church

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ykuc_news/23a3431a-5842-4a85-a440-f7af0e33b02e%40ssimicro.com.