Fwd: Fwd: [YKUC News] Correction: Announcements for June 16, 2024

Yellowknife United Church Administrator

Jun 15, 2024, 11:41:52ā€ÆAMJun 15
to Yellowknife United Church Group Email
Announcements for June 16, 2024

Upcoming Events:
Worship Services Sundays at 11:00 AM in the Church Auditorium
Beginning July 7, 2024 worship will begin at 10:00 AM
June 16 ā€“ Beach Church & Picnic at Fred Henne Park All are welcome
June 23 ā€“ Circle worship with special guest, Ruth Mercredi
June 30 ā€“ Worship services led by Janice Daly
July 7 ā€“ Led by Karen Wilford - Summer hours at 10:00 AM/ July/ August
July 14 ā€“ Welcome back, Rev. Alison Mock

Offering:
June 2, 2024 (including PAR average)Ā  $2,087
2024 Average WeeklyĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  $1,749
2024 Weekly Budget Target Figures:Ā Ā Ā  $1,721

ā˜…Wider Church News & Resources: ā˜… June is Indigenous History Month and
Pride month. Letā€™s stretch ourselves and our communities of faith to
participate in local Indigenous, Two Spirit, and LGBTQIA-led events and
learning spaces. Use your church signage or lawn to show your support;
check out the many excellent books and movies both communities offer;
and support your local library, school, community groups, and more in
addressing the continued realities of anti-Indigenous racism,
transphobia, and homophobia in our communities and country.

šŸŒˆ Northern Spirit Regional Council's Affirming celebration and
celebration of ministries service took place on Saturday, June 1st, at
Mill Woods United and was livestreamed on our YouTube channel (where it
is still available to view). Huge, heartfelt thank you-s go out to Mill
Woods for hosting us, to everyone who helped to plan the service, and to
everyone who participated. Thank you to everyone who attended or was
with us in spirit and online! And thank you to our Affirming task group,
to Affirm United, and to everyone who has contributed to our Region's
Affirming journey, which continues forward heartened by the joy and
community of Saturday's celebrations. Deep congratulations to Carrie
Symondson, who was Ordained at the celebration, and will be Called to
Hanna Pastoral Charge, in Hanna AB. Click here to read Carrie's bio.
ā¤ļøšŸ§”šŸ’› šŸ’š šŸ’™ šŸ’œ šŸ¤Ž šŸ–¤

šŸŒˆ Mission & Service Stories: Rainbow Camp Is Welcoming
Above all, Rainbow CampĀ® provides campers with a safe space to be who
they are without judgment. ā€œIā€™ll never forget our first year of camp,ā€
says Harry Stewart, also a co-founder. ā€œIt was the second full day. A
camper told us his mom had found a dress in his closet. He lied to her
and said that it belonged to his girlfriend. He had brought the dress to
camp and said he would like to wear it. High heels and sand donā€™t mix!ā€
he explains, laughing, ā€œBut the warmth, love, and compassion that the
camper received from everyone at camp was amazing.ā€ Southin and Stewart
want the camp experience to be memorable, fun, soul-searching, and
supportive. ā€œWe donā€™t want any camper to feel afraid to be who they are.
I think thatā€™s why so many now call it their home.ā€ This important work
was recognized with a Governor Generalā€™s award in 2021. Your generosity
through Mission and Service supports safe, welcoming spaces like Rainbow
CampĀ®. Thank you!

ā™„Help Your Community of Faith and Mission & Service with PAR :
Donā€™t be PAR-alyzed. Itā€™s easy to invite people to PAR-take in PAR
month. We have all the PAR-aphernalia and resources you need. Thereā€™s
even a sample plan so you donā€™t have to do all the work to PAR-ticipate.
Download them from the Giving Monthly Through PAR webpage. All kidding
aside, inviting people to monthly giving through PAR (Pre-Authorized
Remittance) is an easy way for you to help increase generosity in your
community of faith. And increasing generosity not only increases
ministry, itā€™s also a great way to nurture discipleship as people learn
to walk the Way of Jesus. ā™„ Please make a big deal about it ā™„. Have fun
with it. PAR-ty on! Set up monthly donations to support ongoing work.
Spread the word: Encourage others to join PAR! Resources and plans:
Visit the PAR webpage for details. Let's make a difference, together! Go
to the PAR webpage to access resources and your PAR month campaign plan.

ā™„Red Bins: Thanks to everyone for helping with the bins so far this
year. Since June 1, we have filled 3 trailers so far in 2024!
Now trying to fill the calendar ahead for June, July and August. I have
listed all the openings below and if you are able to help out, please
let me know. This project has been a great fundraiser for the church
over the past number of years and it wouldnā€™t be possible without your
help. Thanks for your consideration. Current openings are:
June 16-30- Coop; July; 1-15- Coop; July 16-31- Coop; July 16-31-
Field-house & Independent; August 1-15- Coop; August 16-31- Coop; August
16-31- Field-house & Independent; September 1-15 Coop; September 1-15 -
Field-house & Independent.

ā™„Treaty Land Sharing Network Alberta launch and networking day;
Join us as we celebrate the official launch of Land Sharing efforts July
6, near Camrose. To the west side of Treaty Six in Alberta. The Treaty
Land Sharing Network is a group of Farmers, Ranchers, Land Trusts,
Acreage owners and other rural landholders who are dedicated to
acknowledging and living out the spirit of the Treaties through
voluntarily sharing land with Indigenous peoples. This event is an
opportunity for landowners and Indigenous peoples to learn more about
the network and how to get involved. Click here for more information and
tickets. Those too far to travel to this: the TLSN would like to make
contact with Indigenous people and nations, and non-Indigenous people,
in others parts of AB. Please have a look at their website.

ā™„ Call to prayer and updates: Thank you for all the prayers for rain in
local communitites. Seems God has blessed our land and keep the
wildfires down. :)

ā™„Regional Council Prayer Cycles for The United Church of Canada
Week of June 16: You and your Faith Community are Encouraged to include
these Weekly Focuses in your Intercessory Prayer. Click on a Region Name
below to access its Community of Faith: FOCUS for the WEEK
1 - Pacific Mountain
https://churchwebcanada.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d6df8e296e1fc24d9ccfd0115&id=a1fe73b569&e=5a42b1f10b
2 - Northern Spirit
https://churchwebcanada.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d6df8e296e1fc24d9ccfd0115&id=ec2c67fdc4&e=5a42b1f10b
3 - Chinook Winds
https://churchwebcanada.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d6df8e296e1fc24d9ccfd0115&id=3cba4bec5c&e=5a42b1f10b
4 - Living Skies
https://churchwebcanada.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d6df8e296e1fc24d9ccfd0115&id=5f1f287931&e=5a42b1f10b
5 - Prairie to Pine
https://churchwebcanada.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d6df8e296e1fc24d9ccfd0115&id=f20fea010e&e=5a42b1f10b
6 - Canadian Shield
https://churchwebcanada.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d6df8e296e1fc24d9ccfd0115&id=d32f3d2e84&e=5a42b1f10b
7 - Antler River Watershed
https://churchwebcanada.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d6df8e296e1fc24d9ccfd0115&id=d32f3d2e84&e=5a42b1f10b
8 - Western Ontario Waterways
https://churchwebcanada.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d6df8e296e1fc24d9ccfd0115&id=32b98cca3b&e=5a42b1f10b
9 - Horseshoe Falls
https://churchwebcanada.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d6df8e296e1fc24d9ccfd0115&id=d097efb32c&e=5a42b1f10b
10 - Shining Waters
https://churchwebcanada.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d6df8e296e1fc24d9ccfd0115&id=3f6aca2de2&e=5a42b1f10b
11 - East Central Ontario
https://churchwebcanada.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d6df8e296e1fc24d9ccfd0115&id=599a444280&e=5a42b1f10b
12 - Eastern Ontario Outaouais
https://churchwebcanada.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d6df8e296e1fc24d9ccfd0115&id=fc3a7a5995&e=5a42b1f10b
13 - Nakonhaka
https://churchwebcanada.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d6df8e296e1fc24d9ccfd0115&id=6c333962de&e=5a42b1f10b
14 - Fundy-St Lawrence Dawning Waters
https://churchwebcanada.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d6df8e296e1fc24d9ccfd0115&id=a744da273d&e=5a42b1f10b
15 - Bermuda-Nova Scotia
https://churchwebcanada.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d6df8e296e1fc24d9ccfd0115&id=2554cec6b7&e=5a42b1f10b
16 - First Dawn Eastern Edge
https://churchwebcanada.us19.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d6df8e296e1fc24d9ccfd0115&id=a3eb966718&e=5a42b1f10b

Yellowknife United Church Administrator

Jun 20, 2024, 3:14:51ā€ÆPMĀ (10 days ago)Ā Jun 20
to Yellowknife United Church Group Email
Announcements for June 23, 2024

Upcoming Events:
Worship Services Sundays - @ 11:00 AM in the Church Auditorium
Beginning July 7, 2024 - Worship services will begin at 10:00 AM
June 21 - National Indigenous Day - Sambe ke' Park - all Welcome
June 21 - Fish Fry Sponsored by Metis Alliance - Bannock provided ā¤ļø
June 23 ā€“ Circle worship with special guest, Ruth Mercredi
June 30 ā€“ Worship services led by Janice Daly
July 7 ā€“ Led by Karen Wilford - Summer hours at 10:00 AM/ July & August
July 14 ā€“ Welcome back, Reverend Alison Mock ā¤ļø

Offering:
June 16, 2024 (including PAR average)Ā  $1,859
2024 Average WeeklyĀ Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  $1,236
2024 Weekly Budget Target Figures:Ā Ā Ā  $1,721

ā¤ļøThe Moderatorā€™s National Indigenous Peoples Day Message 2024:
Moderator Carmen Lansdowne; National Indigenous Peoples Day is on June
21, and June is National Indigenous Peoples Month in Canada. It is a
time to recognize Indigenous Peoples, languages, contributions, and
cultures that have been here since time immemorial. In her National
Indigenous Peoples Day message, Moderator Carmen Lansdowne reminds us
that we can all take specific actions to celebrate or recognize this day
and National Indigenous Peoples Month. To the Indigenous Church, and
especially our elders, Walis Gayasixa (thank you) for the ways that you
have fought, sometimes against all hope, for recognition and respect in
The United Church of Canada. Read More here:
https://united-church.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=ff2087d5fde243a770ed893a8&id=d4eb4f4eac&e=4358f2ddb2

šŸŒˆ Mission & Service Stories: An Act of Generosity
Those who work in the United Churchā€™s Philanthropy Unit have the
privilege of hearing the stories of generous supporters. Each story
shared is inspiring, but this note included in a cheque sent by Rock
Lake Pastoral Charge in Manitoba is especially delightful: ā€œPlease find
enclosed our cheque for $125.00. One of our memberā€™s great-grandchildren
rolled loose coins they found around the house. There was 1 roll of
loonies, 6 rolls of quarters, 6 rolls of dimes, and 5 rolls of nickels.
The three children ages 12, 9, and 7 were told if they rolled the coins,
they could use the money however they wanted. They decided very quickly
that they wanted to give it to children/people of Ukraine. They brought
the money to Rock Lake Pastoral Charge and asked to have the money sent
through The United Church of Canada for Emergency Responseā€•Ukraine. They
wanted it to go through the church because their great-grandmother loved
the church. ā€œThe children could have gone and bought a toy or chocolate
bar but they thought about it and decided to give it to help the people
of Ukraine. They were so proud when they came into the office. It was a
big heavy bag of coins they carried for seven or eight blocks to get
here. They were really pleased to present it,ā€ says office administrator
Linda Sharpe. This story represents thoughtful, intentional giving at
its finest. Every gift given is a treasure. Every gift given tells a
story about generosity. Thank you for supporting the work we do together
as a United Church. May the story we tell in our giving and receiving
bring us ever more near the heart of God.

šŸŒˆ Join the Online Interfaith Pride Service: June 6, Interfaith Pride
Service; Join the Queer Interfaith Coalition for their first annual
Interfaith Pride Service. Led by and for queer people of all faith
traditions, you are welcome to come and be affirmed, celebrated, and
cheered on. Online: Thursday, June 6, at 4:00 p.m. PT / 8:00 p.m. AT /
7:00 p.m. ET.

[...]

ā™„ Call to prayer and updates: As the Centennial Approaches: Archives
Requests & As Communities of Faith within our Region start to plan
celebrations in recognition of the United Church of Canada's 100th
anniversary in 2025, many are thinking of ways to explore, acknowledge,
and share our history. Requests for Archives materials are expected to
markedly increase as this milestone approaches. To ensure that our
Archivists & Volunteers have enough time to fulfill your request for
historical materials, please start planning now & reach out early!