Maven Central and Github Organisation

Mark Derricutt

Oct 20, 2014, 8:42:23 PM10/20/14
to yeti...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Breaking my idle lurking state to pose a question, I've been watching Yeti from the side lines for a few years now and love what I'm seeing - great work....  but...

Getting yeti is rather hard - modern programmers use dependency management tools like Maven etc.  but neither yeti, or yeti-lib is available in Maven Central - which makes adoption/experimentation kinda hard.

Also - Chris Chris's yeti-maven-plugin could do with a release into Central as well to make it a really simple process to ramp up and start using Yeti in new, and existing projects.

Any thoughts on that?

Also, on a side note I was thinking it'd be good to move the project to a Yeti organisation - with the maven plugin, compiler, std lib etc. all grouped together.

Has anyone had discussions/thoughts around this before?

Mark

Chris Cannam

Nov 13, 2014, 2:34:19 PM11/13/14
to yeti...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 12:42 AM, Mark Derricutt wrote:
> Also, on a side note I was thinking it'd be good to move the project to a
> Yeti organisation - with the maven plugin, compiler, std lib etc. all
> grouped together.

I registered yetilab.org with the idea of suggesting something like this
a while back. (Actually I wasn't thinking to put core Yeti stuff there,
just promo stuff and links to things that people had done with it.)

But then I kept finding other things called Yeti Lab and I became a bit
unsure about it. Also, as always, real life and work intervened. Still
I'm sure I can find a slot to either work on something and put it up
there, or point the domain at e.g. a Github pages site, if anyone else
happens to like it.

Chris

Madis

Nov 13, 2014, 6:22:08 PM11/13/14
to yeti...@googlegroups.com

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014, Chris Cannam wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014, at 12:42 AM, Mark Derricutt wrote:
>> Also, on a side note I was thinking it'd be good to move the project to a
>> Yeti organisation - with the maven plugin, compiler, std lib etc. all
>> grouped together.
>
> I registered yetilab.org with the idea of suggesting something like this
> a while back. (Actually I wasn't thinking to put core Yeti stuff there,
> just promo stuff and links to things that people had done with it.)

I'm fine with the idea, but someone else has to organize it.

I really don't have time for anything else than maintaining the stable
branch and writing some more documentation (and this year has been too
crazy for even that).