I did the curl and this is the response:
Warning: Setting custom HTTP method to HEAD with -X/--request may not work the
Warning: way you want. Consider using -I/--head instead.
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 12:05:07 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
=; Path=/; Expires=Sun, 18-Dec-2016 14:05:07 GMT; HttpOnly
Vary: Accept, Accept-Language
Indeed text/html and charset utf-8. If I open the page in IE (autodetect mode) it say unicode (utf8) and it shows the wrong characters.
In Chrome the same page shows also the wrong characters. In chrome I couldn't find the settings for the page encoding (missing 'tools' item in menu). But I'am 99% sure I did not change that setting. The fact that IE shows the same error is maybe an indication of another reason for this error.