yesod devel stuck in recompiling on Windows

Red Panda

Jun 4, 2021, 11:18:09 AM6/4/21
to Yesod Web Framework

Hi,
Whenever I try `yesod devel` it gets stuck in its recompiling state. I'm using WSL2 from Windows 10 Home Build 19041. I uploaded my debug information to this gist. The project is on the windows path (`/mnt/c/Users/`). The command output of `yesod -v devel` is
```
Success! Waiting for next file change.
Type help for available commands. Press enter to force a rebuild.
```
As soon as I try to open the page in the browser, the console prints `revProxy: appPort -1` endlessly and doesn't load the app. The project compiles fine via `stack build` and `stack exec`. When I try with the `--disable-reverse-proxy` flag, the dev server is not accessible at all. Also, the application doesn't recompile when a file changes. When starting Docker Desktop, I get a warning from my antivirus software that an attempted access to a host file was blocked. What can I do?

Best, Red

Michael Snoyman

Jun 5, 2021, 11:06:03 PM6/5/21
to Red Panda, yeso...@googlegroups.com
I just tested on my own WSL2+Windows 10 setup and couldn't reproduce. Could you try this out on a cleanly `stack new projname yesodweb/simple` and see if the problem occurs there too?

Also, are you trying to run this through Docker somehow? I've never tried that workflow myself.

Red Panda

Jun 6, 2021, 11:09:29 AM6/6/21
to Yesod Web Framework
Same behaviour with the command you provided. However, if I put the project on the home path of WSL, it works. I don't know if that's a problem with Yesod or WSL, but now I know how to solve it. Docker is needed for my project, that's why I included that information.

Thanks for the quick reply
- Red