Visitors comments for the products (facebook plugin)

Mail Sender

Feb 3, 2018, 1:29:23 PM2/3/18
to YesCart - pure eCommerce, platform with open source
Hi all again,

have you any plans to introduce centralized support for visitors comments under the product?

I believe it should not be difficult to implement.

If you have any ideas, please let me know how this could be done.

Mail Sender

Feb 3, 2018, 1:30:57 PM2/3/18
to YesCart - pure eCommerce, platform with open source

Yes Cart

Feb 3, 2018, 6:49:27 PM2/3/18
to YesCart - pure eCommerce, platform with open source
Hi,

There are no plans to add any "core" API for product reviews/commenting plug-ins.
This is because most of them (even your example) use javascript and/or iframes to insert themselves into your pages.

YesCart already comes with CMS support, so all you need to do is define and CMS placeholder in the page where you can paste the plugin's html/javascript.

For global css and javascript includes there are already such placeholder defined "header_include", "footer_include".

There are some other pre-defined ones in many places but in your case I think you need to define a new CMS placeholder somewhere on SkuCentralView where you can put your generated snippet. You can follow the example of HeaderMetaInclude or  StandardFooter to see how it is done. But essentially it is just few lines of code.

Then you can use the JAM > CMS section of your shop to create content with SEO URI that you defined as placeholder and just paste the generated snippet into the body of the content element.

It is very easy and the whole process should not take more than an hour or so end to end.

Hope this gives you a start.

Regards,
YC team