Yellow Bike News for December 2013 (yellowbike-newsletter@googlegroups.com)

yellow bike (Google Drive)

Dec 13, 2013, 4:21:36 PM12/13/13
to yellowbike...@googlegroups.com
YBP Newsletter December 2013
Trouble reading the newsletter? Try the text-only version at our website: http://austinyellowbike.org/2013/12/yellow-bike-news-for-december-2013/

Snapshot of the item below:

december 2013

Holiday Hours

Frankenbike #101

Bikes Across Borders

Austin B-cycle

Shop Schedule

CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS

Tuesday December 24 & Wednesday December 25

FRANKENBIKE #101

@YBP

Saturday December 28, 10am–4pm

CLOSED FOR NEW YEAR’S

Tuesday December 31 & Wednesday January 1

Stay warm out there! Cold-weather biking on Wikipedia.

Holiday Hours

We hope plenty of pedaling has kept your blood pumping warmly during this very un-Austinish early plunge into freezing winter conditions. Whether you couldn’t be happier to reach your destinations or can’t get enough spinning along with few worries about sunburns and sweat stains, it’s hard to deny that a shifting season does lend some context to all the sparkling decorations and colorful lights out there. In that spirit, YBP will be closed on Tuesday, December 24, Wednesday, December 25, Tuesday, December 31, and Wednesday, January 1. White Christmas and a frosty New Year? Only time will tell.

Stressed out by holiday shopping? Looking for the perfect gift for the sweet cyclists in your life? Swing by the shop and check out our selection of refurbished sale bikes. We’ve got a whole lotta drop bars just waiting to have a bow tied around ‘em.

Frankenbike #101

Whether your stocking comes up short, or you need to unload some goodies to make room for what you found under the tree, on Saturday, December 28, 10am–4pm, YBP is the place to be for Frankenbike, Austin’s favorite bicycle swap meet. Swing by to buy, sell, trade, or browse bikes, parts, and all things cycling.

Bikes Across Borders

December also means that another Bikes Across Borders caravan is just around the corner. Each year, BXB builds international cycling solidarity by fixing up some bikes, riding them to Mexico, and donating their transportation to the community organizers they meet there. It’s not too late to find a bike and join this January’s migration—to sign up or to find out more, visit BXB’s Facebook page.

Austin B-cycle

Here’s a neat idea: imagine you’re walking along the streets of Austin, and you’d like nothing better than to hop on a bike and pedal it for a few blocks or a couple miles. Well, they may not be painted yellow, but we can’t help but think that those crazy kids at Austin B-cycle are on to something. On December 21, they’ll be rolling out municipal bike sharing in our city. While they may not be quite as free to ride as their predecessors, it’s pretty crazy to consider that a bike share, once the thing of zany collectivists, is now downright expected in large, forward-thinking American cities. Cycling for transportation sure has come a long way since 1997!

For the month of December. YBP sets its schedule on the first Tuesday of every month at our Collective Meeting. Schedule below continues through Monday, January 6.

Yellow Bike

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

1216 Webberville Road

Map

Open Shop

9am–Noon

Open Shop

6pm–9pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open Shop

6pm–9pm

*Closed 12/24 &12/31

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

*Closed 12/25 & 1/1

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Volunteer-Only Shop

6pm-10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open Shop

6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Closed

Open Shop

Use the shop to fix up your own bike OR to volunteer.

Volunteer-Only Shop

Volunteers are welcome, but you can't work on your own bike.

Retail Hours

Open for sales and donations ONLY.

Austin's Yellow Bike Project | www.austinyellowbike.org

To leave the YBP Newsletter Google Group, click here.

Google Drive: create, share, and keep all your stuff in one place. Logo for Google Drive