YBP July Newsletter - Ain't no party like a Yellow Bike party!

yellow bike

Jul 9, 2014, 4:34:15 PM7/9/14
to yellowbike-newsletter

july 2014

YBY Benefit a Rousing Success!

Want to be part of the inaugural class?

Ain't no party like a Yellow Bike work party...

Shop Schedule

Yellow Bike Work Party

July 20th, 10am-3pm

Find out why a little play in your quick release hub adjustment is just right on Park Tool's definitive guide on hub overhauls.

YBY Benefit a Rousing Success!

Thanks to all who came out in support of Yellow Bike's new Youth Program after Frankenbike - we drank our weight in beer and put more than $1,300 into the coffers. That should help with all the expected (and unexpected) costs of forming a new kids program!

And for those of you wondering about our raffle, the big winner walked away with a pristine condition Trek Madone that just happened to be a perfect fit.

That reminds us, have you been in the shop in a while? There are some sweeeeet sales bikes, thanks to our paid mechanics!

Want to be part of the inaugural class?

While we're on the topic of our new kids program, details are being hammered out and we'll be looking for kids to enroll in our program soon. Here's what we have so far:

The program will have two 7-week sessions from Sept. 2 - Oct. 17 and Oct. 27 - Dec. 16th for grades 5-8. There will be a M/W and T/Th class during each session, with kids separated by age and ability, running from 4 to 7pm. We will be focusing primarily on how to get around on a bicycle - from proper signaling and dealing with traffic to preparing for the sun and weather - with a bit of bike mechanics thrown in.

We'll have more details available on the website soon!

Ain't no party like a Yellow Bike work party...

You've come around the shop a bit, we know. You've lingered. You've wrenched away on your bike and got a sweet deal on a wheel set. And now you want to give back.

Well, outside of regular volunteer hours, we have semi-occasional-regular work parties, where we gather on a weekend, enjoy some sunshine, and get generally sweaty, grimy and grungified. Occasionally there’s pizza..

This month, we'll be at the shop for a Sunday work party on July 20th at about 10am. Come dressed to get dirty.

For the month of July. YBP sets its schedule on the first Tuesday of every month at our Collective Meeting. Schedule below continues through Friday, August 1st.

Yellow Bike

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

1216 Webberville Road

Map

Closed

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open/Kids Shop

6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open Shop
6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Volunteer-Only Shop

6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open/Kids Shop

6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Closed

Open Shop

Use the shop to fix up your own bike OR to volunteer.

Volunteer-Only Shop

Volunteers are welcome, but you can't work on your own bike.

Open / Kids Shop

Use the shop to fix your own bike OR volunteer, but kids will take priority for stands.

Retail Hours

Open for sales and donations ONLY.

Austin's Yellow Bike Project | www.austinyellowbike.org

To leave the YBP Newsletter Google Group, click here.

If you can't see the newsletter above, you can visit directly.

Yellow Bike Project | www.austinyellowbike.org

"Be the change you would like to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Keep Cycling: it is Undoubtedly the Best form of Activism there is."