Yellow Bike News for April 2014 (yellowbike-newsletter@googlegroups.com)

yellow bike (Google Drive)

Apr 22, 2014, 12:07:55 PM4/22/14
to yellowbike...@googlegroups.com
YBP Newsletter April 2014
Trouble reading the newsletter? Try this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u-NUcxmRAY08aZqbCp2XDRtdJHxiOYCuVFQeU5w2xw4/pub

Snapshot of the item below:

april 2014

Can’t Beat a Hasteless Retreat

Thinkery21

Chain of Gratitude

Shop Schedule

SHOP CLOSED FOR RETREAT Saturday, April 26

THINKERY21: FREEWHEELIN’

@The Thinkery

Thursday, May 8 7–9pm

Slanted mechs make for skippy shifting
, so get that rear derailer lined up straight!

Can’t Beat a Hasteless Retreat

April is the month for one of the Yellow Bike Collective’s longstanding traditions: our annual retreat. All of your favorite coordinators pack up their panniers for a nice bike ride, a little time in the outdoors, and a long meeting to take a look at YBP in panoramic perspective and imagine the ways we can grow into an even better community bike shop.

YBP’s annual retreat is
this weekend, which means the shop will be closed on Saturday, April 26 so that everyone can attend. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thinkery21

The Thinkery is an evolution of the Austin Children’s Museum located in the rapidly expanding Mueller Development. Their innovative programming isn’t strictly for the kiddos—in fact, they’ve got some events just for grown-ups (and the ostensibly grown-up). On Thursday, May 8, 7-9pm, Thinkery21: Freewheelin’ will give the legal-drinking-age set a chance to explore some of the science of cycling. YBP will be joining the fun with hands-on hub lessons and more. Admission is $15, and, of course, for those 21 and up only; for more info, click here.

Chain of Gratitude

Finally, we’d like to pass on some big, glowing thank-yous to all the newsletter readers who have volunteered at YBP in the past several months. Our friends from HONK!TX couldn’t have been happier with the fleet of loaner bikes your hard work provided. In fact, that wanted us all to know that the opportunity to push pedals around our beautiful city is a major part of the draw to Austin for more than one travelling brass band. Closer to home, your hard work let us grant another round of two-wheeled wishes for residents of the flood-ravaged Onion Creek neighborhood. We couldn’t do these things, or much of anything, without the efforts of volunteers like you. Give yourselves a big pat on the back, and treat yourselves to some lovely springtime rides.

For the month of April. YBP sets its schedule on the first Tuesday of every month at our Collective Meeting. Schedule below continues through Monday, May 5.

Yellow Bike

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

1216 Webberville Road

Map

Open Shop

9am–Noon

Open Shop

5pm–9pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open Shop

6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open Shop
6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Volunteer-Only Shop

6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open Shop

6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

CLOSED 4/26

Closed

Open Shop

Use the shop to fix up your own bike OR to volunteer.

Volunteer-Only Shop

Volunteers are welcome, but you can't work on your own bike.

Retail Hours

Open for sales and donations ONLY.

Austin's Yellow Bike Project | www.austinyellowbike.org

To leave the YBP Newsletter Google Group, click here.

Google Drive: create, share, and keep all your stuff in one place. Logo for Google Drive