Yellow Bike Project YOUTH Mechanic and Ride Classes Now Open!

Yellow Bike Project

Aug 21, 2016, 5:46:47 PM8/21/16
to yellowbike-newsletter
An invitation to the Austin Community,

Thank you for expressing interest in Austin's Yellow Bike Project. We are very proud to announce that we have KID classes open for enrollment! These courses are taught by a skilled staff and vary in basic to more advanced skill levels designed for everyone.

We offer a sliding scale for our youth classes so we can strive not to turn anyone away, please email the program at ybpedu...@gmail.com to receive an application.

Register and view more information by going to our website - http://austinyellowbike.org/education/youth-classes/

Young Riders: Get out of the car, get outside, and join the Yellow Bike Project after-school, human-powered adventure in Austin. We ride bikes to explore all the fun spots to stay cool and see Austin from a new perspective. Kids will learn the basics of bike safety, simple repairs, and all the safe bike routes to get to their favorite places.

Young Riders Series meets every Friday from 4-7pm beginning September 16th until October 21st.

Youth Build-A-Bike: During this 10-week course, students will learn all the basic mechanic skills necessary to keep their bikes in working order. From flat tires to hub overhauls to brake adjustments, students will learn it all through instructor demonstrations and hands-on trial and error. After they’ve mastered a checklist of repair skills, they will bring home a bike for themselves or for someone they love! Students are also welcome to donate the bike they build, if they already have wheels at home, to their choice of one of the many organizations we support.

These classes are designed for youth in grades 5th through 8th.

Youth Build-A-Bike Series meets every Tuesday from 4-5:45pm starting September 13th until November 15th.

Group Parties and Workshops: Austin Yellow Bike Project is happy to host your next group event or meeting. We offer fun and engaging workshops for kids of all ages! If you have a youth group that would be interested in developing skills, learning about safe commuting and giving back to the community, then contact us with your interest atybpedu...@gmail.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Yellow Bike Project Education Staff

Yellow Bike Project | www.austinyellowbike.org

"Be the change you would like to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Keep Cycling: it is Undoubtedly the Best form of Activism there is."