August 2014 YBP Newsletter

yellow bike

Aug 13, 2014, 11:28:31 AM8/13/14
to yellowbike-newsletter

august 2014

Those Lazy, Hazy Days of Summer

Yellow Bike Youth is Accepting Registrants!

Shop Schedule

Got a stuck seatpost? Well, here's 14 ways from good ol' Sheldon Brown to deal with it.

Those Lazy, Hazy Days of Summer

This may be the mildest, loveliest summer we can recall in recent years, but with the sweltering days of August finally upon us, several coordinators have taken flight from the Texas heat and headed north for some cool summer breezes. All that is to say, it's a light month of shops at the Yellow Bike Project. And if you've been thinking about becoming a coordinator, there's no time like right now to get involved. After all, the more coordinators we have, the more shops we can run!

Yellow Bike Youth is Accepting Registrants!

The plans for the kids program are coming together and it's time to sign up for the first fall session. Details are available on our website, but here's the long and short of it.

The program will be for 5-8th graders and runs from September 3rd to October 17th. We will ride bikes to explore all the fun spots to stay cool and see Austin from a human-sized perspective. Kids will learn the basics of bike safety, simple repairs, and all the good bike routes to get to their favorite places.The after-school program will be free for students, but all donations are appreciated and will go directly to support the youth program. The Yellow Bike Project will provide bikes, safety equipment, and snacks. Students should bring appropriate, comfortable clothing and a good attitude.

To apply, simply fill out the registration form and bring it into the shop during any open hours. (We have printed copies at the front desk if you lack a printer.)

For the month of August. YBP sets its schedule on the first Tuesday of every month at our Collective Meeting. Schedule below continues through Friday, August 29th.

Yellow Bike

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

1216 Webberville Road

Map

Closed

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open/Kids Shop

6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open Shop
6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open/Kids Shop

6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Closed

Open Shop

Use the shop to fix up your own bike OR to volunteer.

Volunteer-Only Shop

Volunteers are welcome, but you can't work on your own bike.

Open / Kids Shop

Use the shop to fix your own bike OR volunteer, but kids will take priority for stands.

Retail Hours

Open for sales and donations ONLY.

Austin's Yellow Bike Project | www.austinyellowbike.org

To leave the YBP Newsletter Google Group, click here.

(Unable to view this email? See the newsletter here.)

Yellow Bike Project | www.austinyellowbike.org

"Be the change you would like to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Keep Cycling: it is Undoubtedly the Best form of Activism there is."