March 2015 Newsletter

yellow bike

Mar 11, 2015, 10:53:40 PM3/11/15
to yellowbike-newsletter

march 2015

WTF Open Shop

Sun. March 14th

11am-3pm

HONK! TX

HONK!TX is a nonprofit, community-driven festival that brings brass bands from around the country to perform absolutely free in the public spaces of Austin, TX. The merry mayhem of HONK!TX is only possible by the collective energy and enthusiasm of the local community. This year, HONK!TX will be March 27-29. For more information about HONK!TX, including schedules and line-ups, click here: http://www.honktx.org. If you would like to volunteer or donate, click here for more information: http://www.honktx.org/helpus/. Hope to see you out there!

Need a bike for SXSW? We have plenty!

One of Austin's biggest events is right around the corner, and biking around town might be the best way to get from venue to venue. Our bike mechanics have been hard at work building up our inventory. We have bikes in a range of sizes and prices; if you're looking for a bike that has been refurbished from donated parts and been kept out of landfills by our professional mechanics, stop by the shop during our retail and open shop hours to pick something out! For pictures and details of selected inventory, check out our facebook (http://tinyurl.com/ybpfacebook) or find us on instagram: @austinyellowbike.

WTF @ YBP!

Yes,Women, Trans and Femmes (always) have a place at YBP! We know that bike mechanics is not a "male thing"; we also know that some people may feel intimidated by the gender constructs that weighs on it. YBP has hosted Lady Bike shops for some time with varying frequency and great success, so now we are increasing the scope. YBP will now be hosting Women/Trans/Femme shops on the second Sunday of every month from 11am to 3pm, run by some of our WTF-identifying coordinators and apprentices. *We strive to make all of YBP's shops safe and supportive where everyone, including Women, Trans and Femmes, will always be welcomed. We also understand that we can't control who walks into our shop; WTF provides a designated space that is meant to be especially mindful of culturally biased dynamics.

*The March WTF shop has passed; the next WTF shop is Sun. April 12th.

For the month of March. YBP sets its schedule on the first Tuesday of every month at our Collective Meeting. Schedule below continues through Monday, April 7.

Yellow Bike

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

1216 Webberville Road

Map

Open Shop

9am-12pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open Shop

6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open Shop
6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Volunteer Shop

6pm-10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open Shop

6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

3/08 only

WTF Shop

11am-3pm

(Women, Trans, Femmes)

Open Shop

Use the shop to fix up your own bike OR to volunteer.

Volunteer-Only Shop

Volunteers are welcome, but you can't work on your own bike.

Open / Kids Shop

Use the shop to fix your own bike OR volunteer, but kids will take priority for stands.

Retail Hours

Open for sales and donations ONLY.

WTF Shop

Previously Lady Bike. Open shop for those who identify as Women, Trans and Femme only please.

Austin's Yellow Bike Project | www.austinyellowbike.org

To leave the YBP Newsletter Google Group, click here.

Yellow Bike Project | www.austinyellowbike.org

"Be the change you would like to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Keep Cycling: it is Undoubtedly the Best form of Activism there is."