Yellow Bike Project November Newsletter

yellow bike

Nov 13, 2014, 9:27:57 PM11/13/14
to yellowbike-newsletter

november 2014

YBP Open Yard

Sat. Nov. 22nd

2-4pm

Austin City Run-Off

Last day to register

November 17th

Early Voting

Dec. 1-12

Election Day Part Deux!

Dec. 16th

Join Our Open House Yard!

Over the past couple of months, volunteers have mulched, seeded, weeded, planted and fabricated to both restore ecological function and beautify the wooded hilltop that is the entrance to the Yellow Bike Project.

Join us on Saturday, November 22nd from 2 to 4pm for an open yard, enjoy some refreshments and say hi to your neighbors!

A special thanks to Mateo, Pete and Jennifer for organizing and coordinating this effort and to everyone else who pitched in!

Go vote....again!

If you're in one of the many districts having a run-off vote on December 16th, you still have time to make your voice heard and let Austin know that you care about transportation and cycling issues.

Bike Austin recently put out its endorsements for Austin City Council and Mayor if you're looking for some guidance. As a 501c3, we can't make any endorsements ourselves, but we can say that we sure like bicycles.

YBP Got Itself an Instagram

We've been on Facebook for a while now, and now you can find us on Instagram.

Why? We'll be putting new bikes we have for sale up every week so that when you're friends are all like "Where do I get a bike?" you can tell them.

Austin Yellow Bike Project, that's where.

Tire & Tube Recycling @ YBP

Starting this month, Yellow Bike will be picking up where Jack & Adams left off and accepting your old, dry rotted, skid-through tires and tubes. We'll be working with Bicycle Re-Cycle and providing a place for drop-offs for the future.

For the month of november. YBP sets its schedule on the first Tuesday of every month at our Collective Meeting. Schedule below continues through Tuesday, december 2.

NOTE: We will be CLOSED Thanksgiving Day and Buy Nothing Friday, through the Thanksgiving Weekend.

Yellow Bike

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

1216 Webberville Road

Map

Closed

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open Shop

6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open Shop
6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Volunteer Shop

6pm-10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open/Kids Shop

6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Closed

Open Shop

Use the shop to fix up your own bike OR to volunteer.

Volunteer-Only Shop

Volunteers are welcome, but you can't work on your own bike.

Open / Kids Shop

Use the shop to fix your own bike OR volunteer, but kids will take priority for stands.

Retail Hours

Open for sales and donations ONLY.

Austin's Yellow Bike Project | www.austinyellowbike.org

To leave the YBP Newsletter Google Group, click here.

Yellow Bike Project | www.austinyellowbike.org

"Be the change you would like to see in the world." - Gandhi
"Keep Cycling: it is Undoubtedly the Best form of Activism there is."