September YBP Newsletter - Tell City Council you support the Urban Trails Master Plan!

yellow bike

Sep 6, 2014, 1:49:35 PM9/6/14
to yellowbike-newsletter

september 2014

The Urban Trails Master Plan Needs Your Support!

District 1 City Council Forums @ YBP

Bike Austin's "I Bike I Walk I Vote" Pledge

Harvest Moon Ride This Tonight!

Shop Schedule

Harvest Moon Ride

Sun, Sept 7 @ 2am

City Council on Urban Trails Master Plan

Thur, Sept 25th

700 Lavaca St

Find out why a little play in your quick release hub adjustment is just right on Park Tool's definitive guide on hub overhauls.

The Urban Trails Master Plan Needs Your Support!

That trail from Austin out to (nearly) Manor is awesome, right? And the boardwalk? Sure beats the sidewalk on Riverside!

Let the City know that you support Austin's investment in bike infrastructure and that you want to see it continue and grow. How? By emailing city council or going to the Commissioner Courthouse at 700 Lavaca St on Thursday Sept. 25th. If you can't make it on the 25th, you can still make your way down to City Hall or the Commissioner Courthouse and go to the agenda kiosk, find the Urban Trails Master Plan on the agenda, and register your support.

We saw you rally around the vote on handheld devices, now lets rally around building a better, more bikeable Austin!

District 1 City Council Forums @ YBP

It's a busy month for transportation issues and we'll be talking about them with as many District One City Council candidates we can round-up. (There's 9 of 'em.) The event is currently in the planning stages, but keep an eye on our Facebook page for details. We're aiming for the last couple days of the month.

Bike Austin's "I Bike I Walk I Vote" Pledge

While we're on the topic of community involvement and the like, why don't you head on over to Bike Austin and sign up for their "I Bike I Walk I Vote" pledge? They'll give you a handy dandy text reminder to vote if you'd like and you can offer your services to help get out the vote.

Harvest Moon Ride Tonight!

This is the ride of the year. It starts at 2am on Sunday (so very late Saturday, essentially) from the Pfluger Pedestrian Bridge and heads out for the annual tour de Randall's parking lots.

For the month of September. YBP sets its schedule on the first Tuesday of every month at our Collective Meeting. Schedule below continues through Tuesday, October 7.

Yellow Bike

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

1216 Webberville Road

Map

Closed

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open Shop

6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open Shop
6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Open/Kids Shop

6pm–10pm

Retail Hours 11am–6pm

Closed

Open Shop

Use the shop to fix up your own bike OR to volunteer.

Volunteer-Only Shop

Volunteers are welcome, but you can't work on your own bike.

Open / Kids Shop

Use the shop to fix your own bike OR volunteer, but kids will take priority for stands.

Retail Hours

Open for sales and donations ONLY.

Austin's Yellow Bike Project | www.austinyellowbike.org

To leave the YBP Newsletter Google Group, click here.