Tomorrow: Harvey Bike Build Work-party on Labor Day 10am-4pm

Yellow Bike Project

Sep 3, 2017, 2:47:24 PM9/3/17
to yellowbike-newsletter
Friends of Yellow Bike,

We are hosting another bike build work party, this time to get bikes to those affected by Hurricane Harvey. We are calling on people with bike repair skills to help out so we can get fleets of bikes to shelters and people  in need of reliable and inexpensive transportation options in the wake of the storm.

So please help us fill up our work stands (and portable work stands) this Labor Day afternoon with the goal to finish 60 bikes in just 6 hours (two weeks ago we finished 30 in 4 hours).

Harvey Bike Build Work-party
When: Labor Day, Monday 9/3 from 10am to 4pm
Where:
1216 Webberville Road, 78723
More info:
  • Limited to those experienced with bicycle repair
  • Snacks provided
  • Feel free to BYOBeverages

If you have bikes (in any condition) to donate to support this effort please bring them by during any open hours (full Sept schedule will be posted late on 9/5).

Lastly, we will be in touch as further opportunities develop to help those affected by Harvey.

Hope to see you there!

-Austin Yellow Bike Project