Calculation YEIDA LOAN V/s BANK LOAN at differant INT Rates

Naveen Deep Sharma

Dec 8, 2009, 9:04:07 AM12/8/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends

As i was in dielema , that which one is better, option II or cash down , like all of you , I did the calculation in spread sheet at differant interest rates. I have attatched EXCEL sheet in this mail for your ready reference. Please download the attatchment rogo.xls and see the comparison between YEIDA loan and Bank Loan.

Main High lights of my calculation are -

CASE - 1  Bank loan @8.25% for 8 Yrs - Total benifit to you opting loan  160,377/-

CASE- II  Bank Loan @ 8.25% for first two years and then interest rate increases to 10% from 3rd to 8th year , In this case your saving in opting bank loan will be Rs. 121,425/-

CASE - III Bank Loan @ 8.25% for first two years and then interest rate increases to 10% for 3rd and 4th year then interest rate further increases to 12% from 5th year up to 8th year ( Most likely case if we average out interest rate up to 8 years)  - In this case our saving will be rupees 94809/-  (Ninty four thousand eight hundrad nine only)

PS: I have not deducted the expanditure towards processing fee (Rs. 55,00/ appx.) and miscelleneous charges of getting the loan. To include processing /misc charges just subtract approximate amount of Rs. 15,000/- in each calculated case.

PS-II .  This calculation is only for 300 Sqmtr Plot , OPTION 2 Vs Bank Loan. However if others can do the calculation, just change the principal amount as per theire due amount and compare it with what they are going to pay it to YEIDA, as mentioned in the allotment letter

Please find attatched the spread sheet which is self explanatory.
Please provide feedback too, if theres any error ommission in my calculation.

Regards
Naveen
rogo.xls

RoGo

Dec 8, 2009, 9:09:05 AM12/8/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
ND Sharma Thanks u so much.........................u have been brilliant in doing these calculations...
My dilemna is killed now..
regards
rohit

--
You have received this message because you subscribed to the Google "YEIDA" group.

To visit this group, please click the link http://groups.google.com/group/yeida

You can unsubscribe from YEIDA group through our web interface or via email. To unsubscribe through our web interface please go to http://groups.google.com/group/yeida, click the "Edit My Membership" link on the right-hand side of the group's homepage. Then click the "Unsubscribe" button on the page that appears.

To unsubscribe from YEIDA group via email, please send an email to
yeida+un...@googlegroups.com

For any other information, kindly contact Arnab Mukharjee at arn...@gmail.com or Safal Suri at safa...@hotmail.com. Alternatively you may call Safal Suri on +91-9811182828.

--
Ideas are nobody's property, they belong to those who expresses them best.

chattyalok

Dec 8, 2009, 10:42:00 AM12/8/09
to YEIDA
Naveen ,

Thanks so much for your elaborate calculations, can you also give the
analysis wat is more benificial and which financial institutions are
providing loans without guranteour
Alok
>  rogo.xls
> 74KViewDownload

Naveen Deep Sharma

Dec 8, 2009, 11:00:43 AM12/8/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
Dear chattyalok

Thank you for the positive feedback on my work.
I have not dooune much research on FI's yet.
But as per my experience if u r having secure monthly income, banks like HDFC/ICICI etc can give you loan without chattyalok

But no FI is so kind that they will not sequeeze you. It will solely depend upon you , where you want to BANK upon

Just like our friend rogo has described in the light way ----

रहिमन के संसार में भांति भांति के लोंन
कुछ तो ......... कुछ तो बहुत ही ........

So it will depend upon you, how you calculate and decide

Naveen

AM

Dec 8, 2009, 1:10:02 PM12/8/09
to YEIDA
Dear Naveen Deep Sharma,
Excellent work. We all knew that the bank financing is cheaper. You
proved it with your calculation.

Take care,
Arnab M

On Dec 8, 11:00 am, Naveen Deep Sharma <naveen.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear chattyalok
>
> Thank you for the positive feedback on my work.
> I have not dooune much research on FI's yet.
> But as per my experience if u r having secure monthly income, banks like
> HDFC/ICICI etc can give you loan without chattyalok
>
> But no FI is so kind that they will not sequeeze you. It will solely depend
> upon you , where you want to BANK upon
>
> Just like our friend rogo has described in the light way ----
>
> रहिमन के संसार में भांति भांति के लोंन
> कुछ तो ......... कुछ तो बहुत ही ........
>
> So it will depend upon you, how you calculate and decide
>
> Naveen
>
> > yeida+un...@googlegroups.com <yeida%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>
> > For any other information, kindly contact Arnab Mukharjee at
> > arn...@gmail.com or Safal Suri at safals...@hotmail.com. Alternatively you

Naveen Deep Sharma

Dec 8, 2009, 8:04:31 PM12/8/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
 Dear  Arnab M
Thanks a lot for appericiation.
I also want to know if i have OMIT something in my calculation.
Regards
Naveen

For any other information, kindly contact Arnab Mukharjee at arn...@gmail.com or Safal Suri at safa...@hotmail.com. Alternatively you may call Safal Suri on +91-9811182828.

AM

Dec 8, 2009, 8:15:07 PM12/8/09
to YEIDA
Dear Naveen,
Actually this thread has been pretty insightful. We can ignore few
hundred rupees here and there as the final plot amount is in 15-20
Lakh range. Even the DD charges would be more than the error.

We have learnt few things which were unknown to us:
1) Bank Financing the max amount will save us money (if approved
ofcourse).
2) 30% option folks need to change the payment plan to 100% down
payment otherwise some bank will be charging APR in the tune of 21%+.
3) Mid term speculators may like to go with YEA's 12% APR plan, which
will enable them to liquidate without much hassles.
4) End users may like to go for 100% downpayment either from their
savings or with a bank loan.

Take care,
Arnab M

On Dec 8, 8:04 pm, Naveen Deep Sharma <naveen.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Dear  Arnab M
> > yeida%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<yeida%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

Naveen Deep Sharma

Dec 8, 2009, 8:37:16 PM12/8/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
Hi AM
I completely agree to you.
But has authority issued any circular regarding conversion of Option 1/2 to Cashdown option , with details till date?
As per my knowledge such conversions only take place only after depositing the first installment of your allotment money (ie. 30% or 50% depending upon your option)
If you are having any reliable information regarding authority's decision for conversion of option 1/2 to cash down please share with us.
thanks once again
Naveen

For any other information, kindly contact Arnab Mukharjee at arn...@gmail.com or Safal Suri at safa...@hotmail.com. Alternatively you may call Safal Suri on +91-9811182828.

AM

Dec 8, 2009, 9:01:38 PM12/8/09
to YEIDA
Dear Naveen,
Both Payment Plan 1 and 2 [50% and 30%], can be converted into 100%
Payment Plan.
See the following sources with confirms it:

1)
http://yeida.googlegroups.com/web/140.+1000+sq+mt+Option+1.pdf?hl=en&gda=RwBBy08AAAApr5SZgYxrIIcXAiT8mjAG8jkCEiVBs9sJjc0vbI_sgkfqIZ-O1C51dpXQQClZd_REIH_JCqdRvDY-Ac9bzONunHMhSp_qzSgvndaTPyHVdA&gsc=7NuGNQsAAAC-2KlhdWErlf-dSFW7H_y5

If you read the top part of page 2 of the allotment letter, it clearly
says the following:
"The possession of the allotted plot in case of Payment Plan 1,
Payment Plan 2 or opting for cash down option, will be handed
over .............."

So it clearly says, 'Cash Down Option'.

2) Also we know from GN's circular that is requesting all allottees to
pay 100% and avail an additional 2% discount.
See this:
http://www.greaternoidaauthority.in/oorder.pdf

YEA follows GNIDA like a little kid.

3) Newspaper sources put it as well:
Read this http://groups.google.com/group/yeida/msg/3fb6708830ceaf0e?hl=en

"प्राधिकरण के सूत्र बताते हैं कि इतनी भारी संख्या में प्लाटों की स्कीम
का मतलब है कि बाजार में प्लाटों की खरीद फरोख्त खूब होगी। कहीं किसी के
साथ बेइमानी न हो और जो खरीददार हो, उसके लिए सहुलियत हो तो प्राधिकरण ने
पहले कहा कि अगर कोई एकमुश्त भुगतान करना चाहता है तो उसे कुल कीमत में
से दो फीसदी की छूट मिल जाएगी। इस निर्णय का लोगों को स्वागत किया। "

There are many other news sources, we have read which confirms this
change of payment plan to 100% payment (without any backdoor
diplomacy).

Hope this clears your doubt.
> > <yeida%252Buns...@googlegroups.com<yeida%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com>

Rajiv

Dec 9, 2009, 7:00:27 AM12/9/09
to YEIDA
Guys,

Is it possible to prepay the amount which YEA is giving us as loan (at
12%)

For e.g. consider any of the payment plan (Plan 1 or Plan 2).
If 2 years down the line, I want to prepay the entire balance amount,
can I do that to YEA ?

regards,
Rajiv

manish

Dec 9, 2009, 8:22:25 AM12/9/09
to YEIDA
Dear All,
There are a few non monetary disadvantages attached to making 100%
payment right now
1. An investor likes to take possession late than early. If we opt for
100% payment we will have to take possession after four years and
thereafter all the resposibility of security etc. will be ours.
However, if we make payment in installments, the possession date gets
postponed by another four years. In effect, authority will maintain
the plot and also secure it for total eight years.
2. Early possession means paying lease rent, regigtration charges,
stamp etc. early. Suppose this amount is 'x'. Then we will loose
interest on amount 'x' for four years.

Thanks

Manish
On Dec 9, 7:01 am, AM <arn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Naveen,
> Both Payment Plan 1 and 2 [50% and 30%], can be converted into 100%
> Payment Plan.
> See the following sources with confirms it:
>
> 1)http://yeida.googlegroups.com/web/140.+1000+sq+mt+Option+1.pdf?hl=en&...
>
> If you read the top part of page 2 of the allotment letter, it clearly
> says the following:
> "The possession of the allotted plot in case of Payment Plan 1,
> Payment Plan 2 or opting for cash down option, will be handed
> over .............."
>
> So it clearly says, 'Cash Down Option'.
>
> 2) Also we know from GN's circular that is requesting all allottees to
> pay 100% and avail an additional 2% discount.
> See this:http://www.greaternoidaauthority.in/oorder.pdf
>
> YEA follows GNIDA like a little kid.
>
> 3) Newspaper sources put it as well:
> Read thishttp://groups.google.com/group/yeida/msg/3fb6708830ceaf0e?hl=en
> > > <yeida%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<yeida%252Buns...@googlegroups.co­m>

> > > Alternatively

> > > "YEIDA"

> > > ye...@googlegroups.com
> > > link

> read more »- Hide quoted text -

subbu

Dec 9, 2009, 7:52:47 AM12/9/09
to YEIDA
please check with 2% value it seems less , must be around 28K plus

On Dec 8, 7:04 pm, Naveen Deep Sharma <naveen.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  rogo.xls
> 74KViewDownload

Naveen Deep Sharma

Dec 9, 2009, 11:38:15 AM12/9/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
I have taken 2% of on the balance amount ie on 9,98,500/-
If you consider 2% on total amount, it will be 28K+ as you mentioned
Naveen

--
You have received this message because you subscribed to the Google "YEIDA" group.

To visit this group, please click the link http://groups.google.com/group/yeida

You can unsubscribe from YEIDA group through our web interface or via email. To unsubscribe through our web interface please go to  http://groups.google.com/group/yeida, click the "Edit My Membership" link on the right-hand side of the group's homepage. Then click the "Unsubscribe" button on the page that appears.

To unsubscribe from YEIDA group via email, please send an email to
yeida+un...@googlegroups.com

For any other information, kindly contact Arnab Mukharjee at arn...@gmail.com or Safal Suri at safa...@hotmail.com. Alternatively you may call Safal Suri on +91-9811182828.

Joe

Dec 10, 2009, 5:54:47 AM12/10/09
to YEIDA
Hi, Naveen
Nice comparison, but there are so many who need this comparison for
Payment Plan-I. So if possible please upload it with that option
(Option-I) else upload the file without protection.

regards,

Abhi

Dec 10, 2009, 11:09:20 AM12/10/09
to YEIDA, navee...@gmail.com
Dear All,

In case if I have whole amount ( 14 Lacs) in cash with me from my
savings, means not taking any bank loan etc.
Plus on every Six month, I shall be able to pay installment of any
payment plan be it 1 or 2 from my regular income, apart from the above
mentioned amount.

Then in this case which option I should choose 100% Cash Payment /
Payment Plan 1 / Payment 2 ?

Initailly I was thinking to choose 100% Cash Down but then felt that
instead of paying 14Lacs in cash at once, better to invest this amount
somewhere else for 8 years and from my regular income I shall pay my
installments. but now not sure about payment plan 1 or 2 ???

According to this case Could you pls suggest that which option is best
CASH DOWN / Payment Plan 1 / Payment Plan 2 ??

Regards,

Naveen Deep Sharma

Dec 10, 2009, 8:31:31 PM12/10/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
Hi all & lalitjoshi

I thought i mentioned earlier that the sheet protection password is rogo
Unprotect the sheet and put your amount and evaluate yourself
take care
Naveen

Rajeev Gupta

Dec 11, 2009, 1:15:25 AM12/11/09
to YEIDA
Dear All,
I also done some calculation for LIC & YEIDA.

1. In LIC for the loan of 1211250 (85% of cost) you have to pay 40000
approx more amount & you are getting:

a. 2 years more tenure (8 y in yeida & 10 in LIC)
b. 225000 more amount for the full period in LIC.
c. Less worry about to 4.25 lacks money to down payment to yeida. (In
LIC only 1.88 lacks)

So overall i found that LIC is much better option.

You suggections & comments are welcome.

Naveen Deep Sharma

Dec 11, 2009, 2:20:58 AM12/11/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rajiv

If you get loan @ 8.25 %  from any FI , it is benificial / economical as compared to 8 yrs installments to YEIDA. Please refer to my earlier mail where i have cdalculated in the spreadsheet, even if interest rate changes midway, you will be able to save around your 1 Lac bucks , in case you go for loan.

But if you compare between LICHFL v/s others then i suggest dont bank uopn LICHFL.

If you compare services/ loan terms and conditions between LICHFL and other FI's, LICHFL stands nowhere

Naveen

Mahesh Shukla

Dec 12, 2009, 4:38:57 AM12/12/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
Hey Naveen,

Why are you stating like that, have you had any bad exp with LICHFL. Please clarify, I have already applied for a loan from LIC. Even I am a financial Analyst and I found it better in comparision to other banks and YEDAs Scheme.

Please elaborate your exp that might save my butts........

--
Regards,

Mahesh Shukla

Naveen Deep Sharma

Dec 12, 2009, 2:39:40 PM12/12/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mahesh

Please elaborate with facts how LICHFL is better than HDFC. Please explain fairly with facts but not with vague statements like LICHFL is better sinnce other banks have hidden costs etc.
The facts i want to put are -

1. LICHFL cahrges administration fee in case of pre payment, while HDFC doesnt (up to 25%)
2. HDFC is offering 8.25 % ( for two years), Please tell me interest rate of LICHFL
3. LICHFL will disburse some amount less than the sanctioned amount. Eg. you got sanctioned 9.0 lacs, but LICHFL will disburse say 8.5 Lacs, after a lot of discussion with LICHF agents I am unable to understand why its done so.
4. In case of LICHF your EMI will be calculated on your sanctioned amount, but not on your disbursed amount. ( disbursed amount will be less than sanctioned amount)
5. You need to produce guarantor for LICHFL, and guarantor has to produce as many as papers , as the loan applicant.

Other than above facts a general statement is customer service of HDFC etc is far far better than LIC

Any way you are the best judge of your situation. If you feel comfortable and confident with LICHF, go ahead may be your experience be better than me

Naveen

Mahesh Shukla

Dec 13, 2009, 2:08:22 AM12/13/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
Thanks buddy.

I just wanted to know the chatches. Thanks again for the explanation. One more question, can I refuse to take loan from LICHousing once it is approved. Will they charge for this as well?

Amit Gupta

Dec 13, 2009, 2:21:02 AM12/13/09
to YEIDA
Hi Mahesh,

They will keep the initial money, even if you refuse to take loan from
them.
And, also believe me, their services are too poor and I am a victim of
this.

Regards,
Amit

On Dec 13, 12:08 pm, Mahesh Shukla <mahesh.shuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> >> Please elaborate your exp that might save my butts........

> >> --
> >> Regards,
>
> >> Mahesh Shukla
>
> >> --
> >> You have received this message because you subscribed to the Google
> >> "YEIDA" group.
>
> >> To visit this group, please click the link
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/yeida

> >> For any other information, kindly contact Arnab Mukharjee at
> >> arn...@gmail.com or Safal Suri at safals...@hotmail.com. Alternatively
> >> you may call Safal Suri on +91-9811182828.
>
> > --
> > You have received this message because you subscribed to the Google "YEIDA"
> > group.
>
> > To visit this group, please click the link
> >http://groups.google.com/group/yeida

> > For any other information, kindly contact Arnab Mukharjee at

Ankur Duggal

Dec 13, 2009, 8:00:46 AM12/13/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Does anyone have all the HDFC loan details. I heard it is funding only
60% of the total amount. Is that true ? Also what is the maximum
tenure that the loan can be funded ?

LIC if offering 8.9 fixed for 3 years and 8.75 floating. Fees are 0.5
% of loan amount which includes the logging fees of Rs 1103 that we
would need to pay them upfront. I think after they sanction the loan,
you can always refuse. You forfeit your logging fees in that case. Max
loan tenure is 15 years for LIC.

Rgds,
Ankur ..

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Mahesh Shukla

nitin

Dec 13, 2009, 9:47:17 AM12/13/09
to YEIDA

i went to hdfc bank on 8th

they r offering 60% of the total value as loan

so that works out to 8.55 lacs
for 10 years loan @ 8.25% EMI works out to Rs 10,491

but for 8 years, they are giving a loan of 8.25 Lacs
for 8 years loan @ 8.25% EMI works out to Rs 11,979

8.25 is fixed for 2 years and henceforth it will get converted into
floating rate.
bank charges all inclusive for
8.55 lacs works out to Rs 4716
8.25 lacs works out to Rs 4550

One can pay max 25% per year over and above the EMI, i.e 2.13 lac
extra in year 1 and so forth.

so in short one can complete the loan in 4 years or so without
paying
any penalty if u hv excess cash.

Permission to mortgage and to pay all amount in cash has to be taken
by us from YEA. He was quite confident that the mortgage permission
will be not be rejected by YEA since all authorities have no issues as
such.

The total time he told me was 5 days for the approval and 2 or 3 days
more for sanction of the payorder/DD
But he added that coz of undue rush of DDA / other scheme etc, its
better we take a total time of 10 to 12 days or so for the entire
loan process to be over.

Naveen Deep Sharma

Dec 13, 2009, 6:37:28 PM12/13/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Naveen Deep Sharma

Dec 13, 2009, 6:38:20 PM12/13/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mahesh

If you have received the sanction letter from LICHFL then the only process left is gurantor verification and then disbursement.
although i personally dont suggest LICHFL, but in your case if you go through with guarantor verification you can avail LICHFL loan also, because starting new process from any other bank will take 10-15 days.
But just make up your mind that after availing loan from LICHFL , you have to put some extra  efforts to get services from them.

Naveen

For any other information, kindly contact Arnab Mukharjee at arn...@gmail.com or Safal Suri at safa...@hotmail.com. Alternatively you may call Safal Suri on +91-9811182828.

Naveen Deep Sharma

Dec 13, 2009, 6:41:58 PM12/13/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mahesh

They will keep your processing fee, u have already deposited ( may be Rs 1000 etc).
You can refuse at any time before disbursement.

But just evaluate your personal experience yourself too, before refusing

Naveen

tmisyssol

Dec 14, 2009, 4:22:05 AM12/14/09
to navee...@gmail.com, ye...@googlegroups.com
Dear Naveen ,

I will answer all your queries:

1. LICHFL cahrges administration fee in case of pre payment, while HDFC doesnt (up to 25%)
Reply: LICHF is taking no Pre payment charges upto 10%.

2. HDFC is offering 8.25 % ( for two years), Please tell me interest rate of LICHFL
Reply: LICHF is offereing at 8.9% fixed for 3 Years.

3. LICHFL will disburse some amount less than the sanctioned amount. Eg. you got sanctioned 9.0 lacs, but LICHFL will disburse say 8.5 Lacs, after a lot of discussion with LICHF agents I am unable to understand why its done so.
Reply: Loan Sanction and Disbursement is all as per the Eligibility.

4. In case of LICHF your EMI will be calculated on your sanctioned amount, but not on your disbursed amount. ( disbursed amount will be less than sanctioned amount)
Reply: EMI will be calculated on the actual Loan disbursed amount.

5. You need to produce guarantor for LICHFL, and guarantor has to produce as many as papers , as the loan applicant.
Reply: Guarantor papers required are:
a) ID Proof
b) Residence Proof
c) Pan card
d) Form 16
e) Latest Salary Slip

HDFC is asking for the Security if you are going for a loan above 60% of property value.
Security in form of Property papers/FD's etc.

Pls let me know if any other information is required w.r.t LICHF

Regards,

Manish Garg
9811275430

Naveen Deep Sharma

Dec 14, 2009, 4:47:56 AM12/14/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
Dear tmisyssol

Thanks for the information.

3. But i have strong observation at point no: 3 & 4. It is my personal experience too and some of my friends have also applied for LICHFL. Disbursed amount is always little less than sanctioned amount (say of the order of Rs. 30K), If you are an LIC person you can better make me understand for what purpose they keep some amount with them. One of the agent told me that it is done in order to show the construction linked loan (Home Loan), for plots.

4. Initially you have to pay EMI against the sanctioned loan amount only. You have to request LIC Office to change your EMI against your sanctioned loan to your disbursed loan amount and it takes few months to get it changed.

I have scene some cases and I am sharing the information on this basis only.

Naveen

RoGo

Dec 14, 2009, 4:58:25 AM12/14/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
Mr Naveen Deep Sharma

http://www.lichousing.com/ see for fair practices & Corporate Govenance

Loan is like marriage, everyone enjoys also and criticise also.
You mave have burnt your fingers somewhere where other would have praised .....

Please rethink

Ideas are nobody's property, they belong to those who expresses them best.

Naveen Deep Sharma

Dec 14, 2009, 5:10:17 AM12/14/09
to ye...@googlegroups.com
Jee ROGO SIR,

You are Basically Right
No more posts about my failed marriage with LICHFL in this group.

Cheers !!

Naveen

Lalit

Dec 14, 2009, 7:31:20 AM12/14/09
to YEIDA
Hi,

Can anyone provide me with the contact details of HDFC.

Regards,
Lalit