Autocomplete and "Jump To Definition" not working

Bartek Nowierski

Feb 1, 2021, 9:28:12 PM2/1/21
to ycm-users
Hi All,

I tried to set up you-complete-me plugin for VSCode on Linux, for Chromium codebase. The result was that whatever auto-completion had stopped working entirely. Furthermore "Jump To Definition"  stopped working too, not sure how that's related.

I followed these steps to set up

These are my settings.json:
  "ycmd.path": "/usr/local/google/home/bartekn/.ycmd",
  "ycmd.global_extra_config": "${workspaceFolder}/tools/vim/chromium.ycm_extra_conf.py",
  "ycmd.confirm_extra_conf": false,

I have a clangd plugin and that appears to be working fine.

I don't see any error messages popping up, so not sure how to debug this further. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bartek

Boris Staletic

Feb 2, 2021, 12:35:25 AM2/2/21
to Bartek Nowierski, ycm-users
Hi,

first, YCM maintainers don't maintain the vscode client. Have you tried asking for support from the client maintainers?

Either way, when asking for help, providing the debug info and the logs would be very useful. For vim users that's :YcmDebugInfo and :YcmToggleLogs