YCLSA MOURNS THE PASSING OF AMBASSADOR ZINDZISWA MANDELA

YCLSA

Jul 13, 2020, 9:02:33 AM7/13/20
to YCLSA Press Releases

YCLSA - UFASIMBA LOGO.jpg

YOUNG COMMUNIST LEAGUE OF SOUTH AFRICA

Press Statement, 13 July 2020

YCLSA MOURNS THE PASSING OF AMBASSADOR ZINDZISWA MANDELA

The Young Communist League of South Africa [UFASIMBA] has learnt with sadness the passing away of South Africa’s ambassador to Denmark, Comrade Zindziswa “Zindzi” Mandela. We send our heartfelt condolences to the Mandela family, the Mass Democratic Movement and the people of South Africa.

We equally mourn the sudden departure of this selfless activist of our movement.

Ambassador Zindzi Mandela’s selfless service to the people of South Africa and the entire movement is a legacy that will forever be exemplary to the youth of our country. Her loyalty to the movement and the struggle for social justice earned her the right to be remembered as a selfless, dedicated and fine cadre of our movement.

She stood firm on her convictions for freedom and social justice, and in 1985, conscious of the consequences of her activism, she made history in Soweto when she read her father’s famous refusal to accept PW Botha's offer of a conditional release.

Today, as young people we should learn and be inspired by her discipline. She expressed her views accurately without trying to portray lack of discipline as some form of misguided radicalism. She always adhered to the highest level of moral conduct expected from a cadre of the movement.

At the time of her departure, she was South Africa’s ambassador to Denmark. A role that she played selflessly regardless of the impact it would have on her personal aspirations. Her movement and her country came first, even before her own personal ambitions.

We pay tribute to this life well lived. In honour of Ambassador Zindzi, the Young Communist League of South Africa calls for the unity of the movement against factionalism, foreign sponsored austerity measures and the ideological decay of the youth movement.

Issued by YCLSA

Tinyiko Ntini – National Secretary

For enquiries:

Dloze Matooane – National Spokesperson