YOUNG COMMUNIST LEAGUE OF SOUTH AFRICA PLEDGES SUPPORT TO DIRCO ON PALESTINE

YCLSA

Jun 11, 2020, 5:27:06 AM6/11/20
to YCLSA Press Releases

YCLSA - UFASIMBA LOGO.jpg

YOUNG COMMUNIST LEAGUE OF SOUTH AFRICA

Press Statement, 11 June 2020

YOUNG COMMUNIST LEAGUE OF SOUTH AFRICA PLEDGES SUPPORT TO DIRCO ON PALESTINE

The Young Communist League of South Africa [UFASIMBA] has noted the intentions of the Department of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO) to formally request the President of South African, Cyril Ramaphosa, to urge heads of African countries to take a strong and unequivocal stand against Israel’s move on the Jordan Valley and equally to apply sovereignty on illegal Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank.

We pledge to rally our full support behind Minister Naledi Pandor on the intentions for South Africa to lobby heads of African states on the Palestinian struggle against the United States-Israeli imperialism.

Recently, the Palestinian Authority (PA), after the announcement by President Mahmoud Abbas, began implementing plans to end all agreements and understandings with Israel and the United States, including those on security, as a result of Israel's intent to annex parts of the West Bank. As the Young Communist League of South Africa, we remain resolute on our stance communicated through our 98th anniversary message that we fully support the progressive move by the Palestinian Authority (PA) against US-Israeli imperialism.

Both Israel and the United States should be condemned and should be isolated from the rest of the world for disrespecting peace agreements, especially the OSLO Peace Accord.  Basically, the accords called for the withdrawal of Israeli forces from the Gaza Strip and West Bank and affirmed a Palestinian right to self-government and creation of a Palestinian interim self-governing authority.

Palestine has the right to self-determination and sovereignty. The deliberate imperialist onslaught on Palestine is anti-global peace and has far worse colonial character. The YCLSA condemns Apartheid Israel and the United States for the continued suffering imposed on the people of Palestine even amidst a global pandemic - Palestine remains suffocated in all entrances from land to the sea and access to global aid has been made impossible by the Israeli apartheid government.

Issued by YCLSA

Tinyiko Ntini – National Secretary

For enquiries:

Dloze Matooane – National Spokesperson