PRESS STATEMENT ON THE PASSING OF THE SACP BRIAN BUNTING DISTRICT SECRETARY CDE SIYA SISWANA

1 view

YCLSA

Jul 2, 2020, 10:10:57 AM7/2/20
to YCLSA Press Releases

YCLSA - UFASIMBA LOGO.jpg

Young Communist League of South Africa uFasimba- Western Cape

Press Statement, 2 July 2020

PRESS STATEMENT ON THE PASSING OF THE SACP BRIAN BUNTING DISTRICT SECRETARY CDE SIYA SISWANA

The Young Communist League of South Africa [Ufasimba] in the Western Cape joins the SACP, its Red Brigades and mass democratic movement in mourning and expressing its sadness and shock on the devastating passing of the SACP Brian Bunting District Secretary. We condemn the cowardly assassination and call on all law enforcement agencies to leave no stone unturned.

Without speculation, we are dismayed at his family's timorous assassination and view such within the scale of escalating violence in our society. Moreover, we believe that the murder was not innocent and thorough investigation has to be done on this matter. Cowards should not be afforded space in our society.

We reiterate calls for thorough and swift investigation into the matter.

The YCLSA joined the SACP in its official visit today and will work with the family in coordinating its own visit. The visit will be demonstrably done within the context of COVID-19 regulations and details will be communicated in due course.

Ends.

Issued by Young Communist League of South Africa [uFasimba - Western Cape]

For inquiries

Acting Provincial Secretary

Lutho Mhlontlo

0834950736