The YCLSA calls on President Ramaphosa and Premier Makhura to do the right thing

YCLSA

Jul 28, 2020, 9:15:30 AM7/28/20
to YCLSA Press Releases

YCLSA - UFASIMBA LOGO.jpg

YOUNG COMMUNIST LEAGUE OF SOUTH AFRICA

Press Statement, 28 July 2020

The YCLSA calls on President Ramaphosa and Premier Makhura to do the right thing

The Young Communist League of South Africa (YCLSA) in Gauteng is deeply concerned about the perceived abuse of power by President Cyril Ramaphosa’s spokesperson Ms Khusela Diko. Ms Diko has been fingered in what looks like a conflict of interest in securing a lucrative deal amounting to 125 million in Gauteng Health’s PPEs tender for her husband’s company, Royal Baca.

As if that’s not enough, there is new evidence that shows that Ms Diko’s husband has allegedly been appointed in at least three other boards of the State. The boards include the CATHSSETA, Joburg Market Board and SenTech. The YCLSA believes these developments cannot be divorced from the PPE tender given to Royal Baca.

We call on President Ramaphosa and Premier David Makhura to do the right thing. South Africa yearns for ethical leadership. Concerns about widespread corruption in government and state-owned enterprises should not be left alone in the face of the deteriorating economy that has left many unemployed.

The YCLSA equally calls on the President to look closely into the Solidarity Fund particularly on how companies were appointed in the procurement of PPEs. We believe there is a deliberate agenda in the media to focus only on corruption within the government and ignore how white business has siphoned millions from the Solidarity fund. “Our attitude on corruption must be the same, whether it's committed by the ANC led government or by white business. President Ramaphosa and Premier Makhura should act now, South Africans are now getting enough with corruption” Said YCLSA Provincial Secretary, Kgabo Morifi

Issued on behalf of the YCLSA Gauteng.

For Inquiries Contact:

Walter Matshwi

Provincial Spokesperson