Wikicontest at Youth Summit: Building Open Data Together

Eileen Cejas

Nov 8, 2021, 1:33:16 PM11/8/21
to YCIG

Dear YCIG community,

We bring you good news for young people (18-35 years old) interested in Open Knowledge:

Youth SIG is organising within the frames of the Project Youth Summit a Wikimedia contest called “WikiYouth: Building Open Data Together” where young people from around the world will be able to learn about Wikidata and bring valuable knowledge on digital rights, Youth rights and Youth Activism on Digital Rights.

We are promoting another Wikicontest by the Youth and for the Youth! You can win up to 100 EUR in prizes (first place), and even the 20th place will get a 5 EUR reward. Your chances as an active participant are high!

This time, we are focusing on Wikidata to allow for equal participation of people from all over the world with different languages! It does not matter if this is your first contact with Wiki Projects, since we will have a training session for newcomers and plenty of help and assistance to those who are interested but do not know how to start editing.

All you have to do is apply at our form (here: https://bit.ly/registration_WikiYouth ) create a Wikiaccount (here: https://bit.ly/Create-Wikiaccount), and register yourself at the WikiContest Dashboard (here: https://bit.ly/WikiYouth-Dashboard), then attend our introductory webinar on November 13, 14h00 UTC, to learn how to edit. It will also be recorded for those that cannot participate at that time. We are waiting for you!

For inquiries, please reach out to in...@youthsig.org

Best of luck

Eileen Cejas
Organising team of the Youth Summit
Wikicontest Deadline to enroll Youth Summit.png