Fwd: [YOUthDIG_2021] Call to Action: ITU Generation Connect Youth Summit Consultation

Daphne S

Apr 25, 2022, 2:27:51 PM4/25/22
to yc...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Please find below a great opportunity to contribute to the ITU Generation Connect Youth Summit Consultation!

Kind regards,
Daphne Stevens
YCIG

---

Hi everyone!

It's been a while since we last used this channel indeed, thanks @Veronica for reenacting it! I came here to share an amazing opportunity for young people acting within the digital transformation (us!!).

I hear from a lot of my peers that there are not enough opportunities to meaningfully engage with the United Nations as a young person. Well, I bring some news (and they are HUGE): the International Telecommunication Union is carrying out a consultation with young people from the entire world capturing our vision, priorities, and aspirations for the digital transformation. And the twist is that I'm going to be moderating this discussion this week!! The consultation is divided into different themes, and I'll be leading the room exploring what are young people ready to do to shape a better digital future (spoiler alert: a lot!!!!).

There are no formalities, if you are 18-29 come as you are and share what you feel. The points raised by you will be compiled into a Youth Call to Action 'Our digital future' and will be presented at the ITU Generation Connect Youth Summit (Kigali, Rwanda, 2-4 June 2022) to world leaders.

Here is the link for the consultation. And this is the link for my room this week 'What are you, as a young person, ready to do to shape a better digital future?'. Feel free to share with your friends and network as well!

If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me ;) hope to meet you all again soon!

Warm wishes,
Luísa