RSIF Virtual Pre-Conference, 16-17 November 2021

ALLAN OCHOLA

Oct 30, 2021, 3:25:49 AM10/30/21
to yc...@googlegroups.com

The International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe) in collaboration with University Mohammed VI Polytechnic (UM6P) is extending an open invitation to an online dialogue on building capacity for science, technology, and innovation in Africa on 16th and 17th November 2021.

This pre-conference will bring together key science, technology, and higher education stakeholders, with the objective of i) sharing key relevant advances in science, technology, and innovation (STI) and higher education in Africa and globally; and ii) reviewing key achievements and progress of the African government-led Partnership for Skills in Applied Sciences, Engineering, and Technology flagship program, the RSIF to date. We will receive input from participants on how to enhance PASET RSIF’s relevance to countries and contribution to private sector development. The insights will inform RSIF's future planning and implementation.

RSIF aims to support Ph.D. students, post-doctoral scientists, and universities in SSA to establish high-quality training, research, and innovation environments and to develop institutional capacity for the benefit of the whole region. The event is organized by the RSIF (www.rsif-paset.org) Regional Coordination Unit, the International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe) (www.icipe.org) in collaboration with University Mohammed VI Polytechnic (www.um6p.ma).

The meeting outcomes will inform our continued Covid-response and effective contribution to the SDGs and climate goals; Building of research capacity; and Way forward for science funding in Africa, and RSIF specifically. Together we lay out agreed-on actions and outcomes for the network as we look ahead to the upcoming RSIF Conference in Morocco in May 2022.

More information and how you can register here.

Best wishes,

Allan