Call for Mentors: Internet Society IGF Youth Ambassador Program 2021

YCIG

Aug 27, 2021, 1:58:30 PM8/27/21
to YCIG

Dear YCIG Community,

We are happy to share with you that the call for mentors of the Internet Society IGF Youth Ambassador Program 2021 is finally open! This is our second year collaborating with Internet Society on the Internet Society's IGF Youth Ambassadors Program: https://www.internetsociety.org/fellowship/igf-youth-ambassadors-program/

This year we are looking for mentors who are experts in the emerging and cross-cutting issues of IGF 2021. We will match the mentors on a 1:1 basis.

Mentors will
- attend a kick-off meeting before the start of the program,
-explore the IGF tracks,
-share relevant resources,
-networking with young IG experts,
-help mentee network with IG experts,
-prepare mentee to participate in IG simulation and the IGF itself
-attend the IGF with the mentee and debrief after the event, sharing ways to stay engaged in the IG ecosystem and ensure sustainable youth participation,
-guide and support Internet Society IGF Youth Ambassadors with their initiatives.

The selection criteria are as follows:

*Availability in October-December: minimum of 8 meetings, preferably weekly meetings (meeting dates, key discussion points, etc. can be documented in a google doc for monitoring purposes).
*Expertise in the field of the respective IGF track, not necessarily youth experts
*Prior experience with attending IGF, engagement in different IG processes are desirable
*Access to Internet
*Language skills
*Regional belonging

Deadline to apply: September 20th at 12 pm UTC

Link: https://bit.ly/3kwkGih

If you have any questions, please reach us at yout...@gmail.com. Kindly spread the word with your networks.

Best regards,

YCIG Steering Committee

27-8-2021 YCIG CALL FOR MENTORS FLYERS social media.png

Veronica Piccolo

Aug 30, 2021, 2:06:05 PM8/30/21
to YCIG
Hi all,
I'd be interested in it since I've been a Youth ambassador myself.
It would be helpful if you could also share when the mentorship phase is due to begin. it is before or after October 6?

Thank you in advance for the kind response,
best regards,
Veronica

Eileen Cejas

Aug 30, 2021, 10:02:01 PM8/30/21
to yc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Veronica
The mentorship starts at the beginning of October (before October 6) , and will include a preparatory meeting before it starts.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Eileen Cejas
YCIG Steering Committee, GRULAC Representative

freda...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2021, 7:46:21 AM9/1/21
to YCIG
Dear Eileen,

I would have loved to be a part of the mentors but unfortunately, I have to wait for next year because I am part of the 2021 Internet society IGF Youth ambassadors program hoping to be selected as one of the successful 30 ambassadors. With this I would be a part of the youth ambassadors to be mentored hence my inability to join the mentors at this time.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Fred Kwadwo Aazore.