Move the window by dragging the header

Ricardo Cruz

Jan 7, 2011, 4:19:14 PM1/7/11
to yast2-gtk
Hi there,

Ubuntu has this nice hack allowing you to move a window by dragging the
menu-bar (works only for gtk apps). The idea is that the title-bar is
pretty small, so, by extending the drag-able area, it makes it much more
comfortable to move small windows around.

Anyhow, you quickly get used to the feature, so it really sucks when
you're using opensuse. So, I made the yast2 header drag-able in svn. :)

It won't allow you to drag the window outside the border of the screen,
unlike when you drag the title-bar (in metacity, at least): this is
gtk's fault. Gtk does not allow the window to be moved outside the
visible area. Tell me if you think this feels odd, and I will just call
directly the Xlib function.

Cheers,
Ricardo