New yast2-control-center-gnome

Atri Bhattacharya

Aug 13, 2011, 7:39:32 AM8/13/11
to yast...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
Vincent (vuntz) has submitted to YaST:Head [1] an interface of
yast2-control-center-gnome that is based on, and looks and works,
exactly like the control-center in the GNOME3 desktop. I have been
using this control-centre for the last week or so and I think in terms
of how it integrates with the GNOME3 desktop and generally how it
looks and works it is a definite improvement upon the existing
control-center-gnome in YaST. I hope it forms a part of the gtk3-ied
YaST UX in 12.1. How does everyone else feel about the new
control-center vis-a-vis the earlier one?

Bye

--
Atri

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/77334

Robert Xu

Aug 13, 2011, 9:38:21 AM8/13/11
to yast...@googlegroups.com
On Aug 13, 2011, at 7:39, Atri Bhattacharya <badsh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> Vincent (vuntz) has submitted to YaST:Head [1] an interface of
> yast2-control-center-gnome that is based on, and looks and works,
> exactly like the control-center in the GNOME3 desktop. I have been
> using this control-centre for the last week or so and I think in terms
> of how it integrates with the GNOME3 desktop and generally how it
> looks and works it is a definite improvement upon the existing
> control-center-gnome in YaST. I hope it forms a part of the gtk3-ied
> YaST UX in 12.1. How does everyone else feel about the new
> control-center vis-a-vis the earlier one?

Screenshot? :D