problem with GENTRIANGULAR function

Maria Cecilia

Jan 23, 2017, 9:32:03 AM1/23/17
to yasai-simulation
Dear all,
First of all, thanks for the oportunity of joining this group.
I have just heard of Yasai and I guess it will be suitable for my needs. But I have been facing problems using elementary function, as GENTRIANGULAR or GENPOISSON.
When I try to use GENTRIANGULAR it says I cannot use 3 arguments, it shows me an error message saying my equation is typed wrong. When I try to use GENPOISSON it returns #NAME! instead of results. You can find attached the prinscreens.
Can someone help me please?
My Excel is 2016, licenced.
Thanks a lot.
Maria Cecilia
yasai2.PNG
yasai1.PNG

Jonathan Eckstein

Jan 23, 2017, 11:09:00 AM1/23/17
to yasai-si...@googlegroups.com
I think there may be an issue that recent versions of Excel have become
pickier about capitalization in function names. Try capitalizing the
functions exactly as in the source code which is currently

"GenTriangular"
"genPoisson"

Now that Excel is more picky, we will need to make sure we are more
consistent about the capitalization of these function names in the next
release.

Let me know what happens. You are clearly using a foreign-configured
Excel version, so there may also be some compatibility issue that wasn't
easily testable in the English version.

Jonathan

Maria Cecilia

Jan 23, 2017, 11:18:03 AM1/23/17
to yasai-si...@googlegroups.com
Dear Prof Eckstein,

I tried everything in capital letters, I tried as suggested by excel itself (GenTriangular), everything in small letters (gentriangular)... the error is always the same. It tries to reduce to 2 arguments, but when I accidentally allowed it to do so, it returned the same error message. When using genpoisson (also all three options of writing) it returns #NAME?.

My Excel is in Brazilian Portuguese.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Maria Cecilia

Jonathan Eckstein

Jan 23, 2017, 11:23:17 AM1/23/17
to yasai-si...@googlegroups.com
This is very strange. My own version (American English Excel 2013) does
not behave this way.

One other thing to try: try opening the YASAI simulation dialog box and
then the closing it. Sometimes this clears "NAME?" errors (again,
recent versions of Excel seem to have a new behavior.

Also make sure that you security settings allow macros to execute.

If these do not work I may ask a Brazilian colleague to look at the code
to see what might be going wrong.

Jonathan
> an email to yasai-simulati...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> <mailto:yasai-simulati...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>

> --

Maria Cecilia

Jan 23, 2017, 11:31:57 AM1/23/17
to yasai-si...@googlegroups.com
Prof Eckestein,
I tried opening and closing YASAI simulation dialog box and for genpoisson it worked. Still I cannot use gentriangular. When I start typing it, Excel even recognizes the function, but says I should use 2 arguments instead of 3. I accepted it just to see if the "#NOME?" was appearing, and after opening and closing dialog box, "#NOME?" was changed to "#VALUE".
I don't mean to bother you, but I thank you a lot again.
Maria Cecilia

        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

Jonathan Eckstein

Jan 23, 2017, 12:38:11 PM1/23/17
to yasai-si...@googlegroups.com
The gentriangular problem is quite strange. Is it possible not to
accept the correction being offered, and force it to have 3 arguments?
I think the problem is some incompatibility in the syntax recognition
when you type in the formula -- something that happens in the Brazilian
version but not the American.
> <mailto:jeck...@rci.rutgers.edu
> yasai-simulati...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>
> <mailto:yasai-simulati...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>>.
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.
>

> --

> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an
> email to
> yasai-simulati...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.
>

> --
>

> --

Maria Cecilia

Jan 23, 2017, 12:46:06 PM1/23/17
to yasai-si...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it is possible. But then it appears a message saying that you mispelled the equation and suggesting you want to write something instead of writing an equation.

                For more options, visit
        https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
                <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.

            To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an
        email to

        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
            <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.

Jonathan Eckstein

Jan 23, 2017, 12:54:42 PM1/23/17
to yasai-si...@googlegroups.com
Try forcing it. I want to see if its the function of the syntax
checking that is broken. I think it has something to do with Brazilian
Excel. We sometimes get things working with the American version, only
to find out that they fail in some foreign versions.
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>
>
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%252Buns...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com>>>
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%252Buns...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com>>>>.
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>
>
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%252Buns...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com>>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>>.
>

> --
> from
> it, send
> an email to
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>>.
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.
>

> --

> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an
> email to
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.
>

> --
>

> --

Maria Cecilia

Jan 23, 2017, 1:02:53 PM1/23/17
to yasai-si...@googlegroups.com
I did. It says the equation is mispelled, shows an error dialog box and does not allow you to do anything else - even shutting down the program before deleting the equation.

                    For more options, visit
        https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
                <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>
                    <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
                <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>>.

        from
                it, send
                an email to

                For more options, visit
        https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
                <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.

            To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an
        email to

        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
            <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.

Jonathan Eckstein

Jan 23, 2017, 1:16:02 PM1/23/17
to yasai-si...@googlegroups.com
That is so strange. If I enter the wrong number of arguments to a
function in Excel 2013, it just gives me "#VALUE" and lets me proceed.

Is this on a Mac or on Windows?

On 1/23/2017 1:02 PM, Maria Cecilia wrote:
> [...]
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com>>>.
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>>.
>

> --
> from
> it, send
> an email to
> <mailto:yasai-simulation%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>>.
> For more options, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.
>

> --

> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an

Maria Cecilia

Jan 23, 2017, 1:17:34 PM1/23/17
to yasai-si...@googlegroups.com
It's Windows 10.

                    For more options, visit
        https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
                <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>
                    <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
                <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>>.

        from
                it, send
                an email to

                For more options, visit
        https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
                <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.

            To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an
        email to

        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>
            <https://groups.google.com/d/optout
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>>.

Heinz Mutzner

Oct 1, 2018, 3:58:15 AM10/1/18
to yasai-simulation
Try gentriangular(1;2;3)
Semicolon is the separator between function parameters in some languages.

Global Psychedelics

Apr 4, 2024, 6:59:58 AMApr 4
to yasai-simulation
Pure DMT Online For Sale

Email: globalpsyche...@gmail.com
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/buy-pure-dimethyltryptamine/

Buy pure Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is a powerful psychedelic drug, and a type of tryptamine alkaloid. It is a naturally occurring substance, found in various plants and animals, and in small quantities in the human brain, where its function is unknown. DMT is famous for its power.

Though the psychedelic trip it creates only lasts 5 to 30 minutes when smoked, the effect is profound and remarkable, with the feeling that the user is transported to a completely different place, immersed in kaleidoscopic sounds and images. In its pure form, the drug is a white to yellow crystalline solid.

buy pure dimethyltryptamine

https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/cap-up-magic-mushroom-chocolate-bars-4g/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/psilonauts-psilocybin-chocolate-bar/
https://globalpsychedelicsonline.com/product/joe-rogan-mushroom-gummies/