YASAI 2.7.2 released

Jonathan

Jan 17, 2018, 11:55:40 AM1/17/18
to yasai-simulation
Dear YASAI simulators:

I have just released YASAI 2.7.2, which contains fixes for several bugs:
  • Models with more than 11 simparameters did not work properly.  This problem is now fixed.  Thanks to Teddy Boyce for pointing out the bug, diagnosing the error in the code, and providing some of the code to fix the problem.

  • Charts in which there was just one bucket or tick mark below 0 would have all their negative data points dropped or invisible.  Thanks to Tito Homem-de-Melo for finding this problem, which turned out to be due to counterintuitive and undocumented behavior by Excel's FLOOR function.  It is now fixed.

We have recently been observing very slow simulation performance in Mac Excel 2011.  We do not know the reason for this performance problem and it seems to affect all recent YASAI versions.  If anybody has a fix, please contact me.

   Prof. Eckstein

Heinz Mutzner

Oct 1, 2018, 1:47:37 AM10/1/18
to yasai-simulation
Hello Jonathan

Performance on a Mac: If the cursor is placed within the popup window, that shows the progress of the simulation, the simulation is extremely slow. If the cursor is somewhere else, the performance is ok.

Thank you for creating and maintaining YASAI.

Cheers
Heinz