Yasai install

nsouch

Sep 3, 2017, 11:18:40 AM9/3/17
to yasai-simulation
Hi,

I've just installed version 2.7 and App_WorkbookOpen() reported a type compatibility error on Excel97 multi-workbook test.
Entering debug mode, it appears that Application.Version is not an Integer : its value is rather a string "15.0" so the test "If Application.Version = 8# And ... " failed.
I replaced 8# by "8.0" and the test passed.

Why I'm having such trouble ?

Thx
Nicolas

Jonathan

Sep 3, 2017, 12:00:09 PM9/3/17
to yasai-simulation
Hello, Nicolas --

There are comparisons of Application.Version to numbers throughout the code and they do not cause errors.  I am curious why this particular comparison bombed for you.  I just stepped through this line on my system (Windows Excel 2013) and it was happy.

Can tell us your Excel configuration and the exact text of the error message?

What happens if you just put '8' without the quotes, #, or decimal point?

  Prof. Eckstein

nsouch

Sep 3, 2017, 12:29:24 PM9/3/17
to yasai-simulation
Yes, this is weird. No, just an 8 doesn't work either.

I notice that Application.Version is encapsulated in a val() call elsewhere in the code. When applied to the line we're talking about, it does work of course.

Where can I find detailed information about my Excel configuration ?

thx for your help :)
nicolas