YASAI 2.6 release

Jonathan Eckstein

May 18, 2016, 10:33:58 AM5/18/16
to yasai-simulation
Dear YASAIers:

Version 2.6 just went "live" on the YASAI website. Release notes and a
new user guide are available on the site, but in brief, the biggest
enhancements are:

1. This version is compatible with Mac Excel 2016, although simulations
run very slowly in comparison to other Excel versions. There may be
some residual interface issues, as Mac Excel 2016 appears to be rather
temperamental.

2. There is a new function called SIMPARAMETER function that
substitutes for PARAMETER and makes it simpler to test all combinations
of parameter values taken from multiple lists.

There are also other, more minor bug fixes and enhancements.

Any comments are welcome as always. If anybody can suggest a way to
improve simulation performance in Mac Excel 2016, I would greatly
appreciate it.

We have had some limited ability to test the code with Windows Excel
2016, and did not encounter any problems.

Regards,

Prof. Jonathan Eckstein

Filipe e Carla Castro Charters

May 18, 2016, 10:53:07 AM5/18/16
to yasai-si...@googlegroups.com
Dear Professor,

Thank you so much for this improvement.
A quick question, the new YASAI is compatible with multiple sheets?
(Or we still must use YASAIw?)

Filipe

Jonathan Eckstein

May 18, 2016, 11:39:30 AM5/18/16
to yasai-si...@googlegroups.com, castro....@gmail.com
We have not changed the multiple worksheet semantics since it can cause
problems for students who do multiple homework questions in a single
file. We will try to add an option for this on the next release. If
somebody would like to contribute this change, I could QA it and
distribute it.

J E