YASAIw runs very slow

Chris_DK

May 5, 2012, 5:25:51 AM5/5/12
to yasai-si...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone
First of all a big "thank you!" to Jonathan Eckstein and his team for sharing YASAI for free, but also thanks to Greg Pelletier for his contribution, YASAIw.

Now to the matter: In a recent comparison between YASAI and YASAIw I noticed that YASAIw was significantly slower than plain YASAI.
The model was very simple; two triangular distributions summed up in one simOutput. Where YASAI was 3-6 sec for 1,000 iterations, YASAIw took more than 20 sec for the same job.

Does anybody know why that is?

Best,
Christian

Jonathan Eckstein

May 6, 2012, 9:21:07 PM5/6/12
to yasai-si...@googlegroups.com
Not me... at least my version was faster... ;-)

Chris_DK

May 9, 2012, 3:11:16 AM5/9/12
to yasai-si...@googlegroups.com
Hi again

After quite a lot of testing I found out that the problem only occurs when YASAIw is loaded together with Andy Pope's Visual Ribbon Editor add-in - why that is I haven't figured out.
There is no problem with YASAI and VRE together.

Best,
Christian

Jonathan Eckstein

May 9, 2012, 8:35:09 AM5/9/12
to yasai-si...@googlegroups.com
Here's an idea... I think YASAIw recomputes the entire workbook at each
iteration, whereas YASAI just recomputes the current sheet. This is
because YASAIw is aimed at complicated production models, whereas YASAI
is designed for small student models in which students may put a
different problem on each ply of a workbook.

Could this difference have something to do with the discrepancy?

Jonathan

Mark Neal

Nov 12, 2014, 7:25:19 PM11/12/14
to yasai-si...@googlegroups.com
I had YASAIw running slowly today only. May have something to do with an Addin conflict? I had some other random addins installed. I uninstalled the addin, shut it down, restarted, and reinstalled, now seems fine. I'll repost if it recurs and I can narrow down the circumstances.

Cheers,