Missing Children

1 view

Chris Valentino

Mar 17, 2012, 7:29:02 AM3/17/12
to yarind...@googlegroups.com
An Interesting notie by the Supreme Court..
why doesn't YaR offer the HOMELINK services... to the NCPCR???
worth considering... if it is not already being done...
Chris

NEW DELHI: The Supreme Court on Friday issued notices to the Centre and state governments on a PIL for setting up of an advanced scientific mechanism to investigate and recover missing children, with over 1.17 lakh reported missing in the last two years.

“In India, in the period of January 2008 to January 2010, over 1.17 lakh children have gone missing in 392 districts in India. Out of them, 41,546 are still untraced,” said senior advocate H S Phoolka appearing for NGO petitioner ‘Bachpan Bachao Andolan’.

A bench of Justices Altamas Kabir and S S Nijjar issued notices to the governments asking for their response within four weeks but appreciated the efforts of police in recovering a majority of the missing children.

The petitioner said, “The instances of missing children are highest in Maharashtra followed by West Bengal, Delhi and Madhya Pradesh. The number of untraced missing children is highest in West Bengal followed by Maharashtra, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh.”

The petitioner sought a direction to the Union government to formulate a National Action Plan on the issue of missing children which should include investigation, recovery, counseling and a standard operating procedures (SOP) for law enforcing agencies on coordinating their efforts. It said on the efforts of Delhi High Court, the police had made operational some SOPs.

Chris Valentino
ONE THING ONLY I KNOW... & THAT IS... I KNOW NOTHING...!!
Youth/Rights Activist - cum - Independent Journalist
Contact Me... the mail of course

Fr. Mathew Thomas

Mar 17, 2012, 8:26:54 AM3/17/12
to yarind...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Chris for for bringing to our notice the note from the Supreme court.
Seriously considering your point.
 thanks
--
YaRYoung  at  Risk
Fr. Mathew Thomas SDB

...that they may have life...life in all its fullness..