use of yami4

Dario Vettore

Feb 18, 2013, 12:52:42 PM2/18/13
to ya...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm a computer science student from the University of Padova in Italy. We are a group of 4 students who need to implement a distributed system, and we will use to implement the competition ada and java to create the graphics. The gui is built on a machine and the part of ada in another, we decided to use as yami4 middlewar, can we do it? The point is,  can  we use this middleware for use java and ada?
I'm sorry for my English, I used google translate, because there are too many things to say.

Dario

Ricardo Aguirre

Feb 18, 2013, 2:50:39 PM2/18/13
to ya...@googlegroups.com
certo che si puo fare!
hai gia provato compilare gli esempi del sito yami4?
quello che vuoi devono fare non 'e tanto complesso (in codice)
pratticamente solo devono modificare gli esempi yami4

--Panzón

2013/2/18 Dario Vettore <vettore...@gmail.com>
Hi, I'm a computer science student from the University of Padova in Italy. We are a group of 4 students who need to implement a distributed system, and we will use to implement the competition ada and java to create the graphics. The gui is built on a machine and the part of ada in another, we decided to use as yami4 middlewar, can we do it? The point is,  can  we use this middleware for use java and ada?
I'm sorry for my English, I used google translate, because there are too many things to say.

Dario

Maciej Sobczak

Feb 22, 2013, 7:00:08 PM2/22/13
to ya...@googlegroups.com
W dniu poniedziałek, 18 lutego 2013 18:52:42 UTC+1 użytkownik Dario Vettore napisał:
Hi, I'm a computer science student from the University of Padova in Italy. We are a group of 4 students who need to implement a distributed system, and we will use to implement the competition ada and java to create the graphics. The gui is built on a machine and the part of ada in another, we
decided to use as yami4 middlewar, can we do it? The point is,  can  we use this middleware for use java and ada?

Yes, you can use YAMI4 as a middleware layer between Ada and Java.
You might find it interesting that such a system was already developed by a group of students as part of their project for the following competition:

http://www.ada-europe.org/AdaWay/

YAMI4 provides both natively-compiled libraries for Ada as well as a pure Java implementation, so that there should be no integration issues.
Don't hesitate to report on your progress on this group or ask questions if you have any doubts during the project.

--
Maciej Sobczak * http://www.inspirel.com