Pure Python implementation of YAMI4

twitchyliquid64

Jun 22, 2013, 1:43:10 AM6/22/13
to ya...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

A while ago I wrote a partial (90%) implementation of the YAMI4 protocol in pure python. I did not test that it interacted correctly with the original C version of YAMI4, although it should, as I paid close attention to the docs and everything else. It works well for me; and I have tested it in small production environments.

Float and double serialization is not implemented, but the wire protocol, lists, dictionaries, ints, doubles, and strings are all implemented. I also have a partical implementation of the message agent system (high-level YAMI api, I cannot remember what it is called) in agents.py (this is not a message broker).

I started working on a p2p agent as well, but its not finished. Sorta works though.

I release this as PUBLIC DOMAIN, for anyone who wants or may find it useful.

-Tom
pyyami.zip

Maciej Sobczak

Jun 23, 2013, 9:17:22 AM6/23/13
to ya...@googlegroups.com

A while ago I wrote a partial (90%) implementation of the YAMI4 protocol in pure python. I did not test that it interacted correctly with the original C version of YAMI4, although it should, as I paid close attention to the docs and everything else. It works well for me; and I have tested it in small production environments.

[...]

I release this as PUBLIC DOMAIN, for anyone who wants or may find it useful.

Thank you for this work and for your contribution! Certainly, a pure-Python implementation might be useful for many Python programmers.
Do you have a source code repository where this project could be put? SourceForge, GitHub, Google Code, etc. - these are places that provide very good infrastructure for independent projects. Did you consider using them?

--
Maciej Sobczak * http://www.inspirel.com

twitchyliquid64

Jun 27, 2013, 3:13:34 AM6/27/13
to ya...@googlegroups.com
I don't really do source repositories for small projects. However, if you want to upload it to one, your welcome to do so considering its PUBLIC DOMAIN.