De-Winterizing

gerritbrusse

Jun 23, 2010, 10:01:58 PM6/23/10
to Yamaha Sterndrives
Question: Had my engine de-winterized by a local shop last fall as I
typically do, but I'm fed up with paying them for something I can do.
My question is this, I have a standard cooling system only, fed
completely by seawater. What do I need to do besides plug the block
back up? Do I need to pour water into the block somehow before I
crank it for the first time? I have already changed the oil, plugs,
and gear oil. Do I just hook it to the flusher and fire it up? Or do
I need to prime the block with some coolant first?

theca...@aol.com

Jun 23, 2010, 10:07:36 PM6/23/10
to yamaha-st...@googlegroups.com
Install plugs and start