Fluid levels

Frank

Aug 3, 2009, 12:32:26 PM8/3/09
to Yamaha Sterndrives
I have a 1994 Monterey with a 5.0 yamaha stern drive, I was trying the
check the fluid level in the stern unit and I am a little confused, I
found a plug on the very top of the unit then a second plug on the
right side near the top which one is used to mesure the fluid level ?
and what is the purpose of the plug on the top>Any help would be freat
thanks Frank

Madden, Kevin [DPYUS]

Aug 3, 2009, 12:57:39 PM8/3/09
to yamaha-st...@googlegroups.com
The plug on the top of the unit is for putting in an eyebolt for lifting
the drive....

The screw out on the right of the drive (as you face the drive from the
rear as it is on the boat) about 80% up is the top of the fluid
reservoir ...