4.3l V6 Plug wires

Jason

Jul 12, 2009, 12:38:45 AM7/12/09
to Yamaha Sterndrives
My engine has some trouble when I start it cold it doesn't fire on all
6 cylinders until it warms up. I've replaced the distributor cap,
rotor, and plugs. Next thing I want to try replacing is the plug
wires. The Yamaha part # is YSC-16122-50-0C. Does anyone have an
alternative part number where I could get wires locally from Autozone
or Advance Auto parts? Or maybe some more ideas as to why I'm having
trouble.

Brett Peck

Jul 12, 2009, 1:07:55 PM7/12/09
to yamaha-st...@googlegroups.com
Any 4.3 v-6 number will do...merc omc volvo......check Overtons

sken...@apccompanies.com

Jul 12, 2009, 5:23:17 PM7/12/09
to yamaha-st...@googlegroups.com
I use my year model boat and tewll them its a 4.3
My engine has some trouble when I start it cold it doesn't fire on all
6 cylinders until it warms up. I've replaced the distributor cap,
rotor, and plugs. Next thing I want to try replacing is the plug
wires. The Yamaha part # is YSC-16122-50-0C. Does anyone have an
alternative part number where I could get wires locally from Autozone
or Advance Auto parts? Or maybe some more ideas as to why I'm having
trouble.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Jason

Sep 8, 2009, 3:02:44 PM9/8/09
to Yamaha Sterndrives

Jason

Sep 8, 2009, 3:11:31 PM9/8/09
to Yamaha Sterndrives
Oops! It looks like I need the 15-601 part instead of the 15-604 part
I ordered. I just called them and had them change it to this:

https://shop.torresen.com/ships_store/?p=numberresults&pn=15-601&storetype=mdd&x=0&y=0

I found a PDF that lists MagStar Marine part numbers for the Yamaha
engines:
http://www.generalcable.com/NR/rdonlyres/E3E37C8C-3AB7-45C9-BA7B-26B5DAFCC82D/0/GEN35220MarineSS.pdf

Yamaha
4.3L w/Electronic Ignition 15-601
5.0L, 5.7L, 7.4L w/Elect. Ignition 15-803