Greenhouse Gas Reduction Grant

mjtr...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2007, 2:03:07 PM11/2/07
to Yale Office of Sustainability Research Assistants
>From what I gathered at the meeting, we need ideas on publicity, etc.
I think we mentioned

- Aggressive Postering
- Announcements: Yale Station, Sageboy (?), etc.
- Better web site coverage; make it into a feature.

What else regarding this topic did we discuss? What else do we need,
and what do we need to do?

MJ Truong

Nov 2, 2007, 2:21:13 PM11/2/07
to Yale Office of Sustainability Research Assistants
Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I'm 100 percent clear on
this whole project. Here's what I have:

1. We have 25 thousand dollars we need to give away by the end of this
year.
2. Applicants need to apply by November 30th.
3. The goal of the grant is to get people to use the money to reduce
greenhouse gas emissions somehow.
4. The way in which they will be allowed to do this seems to be pretty
open. Awareness campaigns, small systemic changes at the residential
college, university or local levels (Bob mentioned, for instance,
changing the lights in a building to CFLs).

What is our role in this? We are open to applying, and I think that we
should (if we're talking about awareness campaigns, I think we could
make some really neat T-Shirts and/or Tote bags...)... but beyond that
I think they need us to publicize it, think of ideas on how to get
other people to think about this, etc.

What are your thoughts/questions?