An idea for the Greenhouse Grant:

MJ Truong

Nov 8, 2007, 12:05:10 PM11/8/07
to Office of Sustainability RA Forum
Here's something my friend Nick suggested that's really simple but
that could be really effective:

<i><b>Turn down the heat and put on a sweater.</I></B>

If we were to make this into some kind of project, we could do a mix
of:

1. Some kind of systemic movement (make all buildings turn down their
thermostats by X degrees -- after all, don't you hate it when you go
into a hot building from the cold and start sweating? Also, in
addition to that, if students have thermostats in their rooms [I've
heard they do, but I've never had one in my own suite], maybe we can
get people to go around dorm to dorm and ask people to turn their
thermostats down to a better temperature.

and

2. Eli exchange. Give people sweaters!

Well, that was just his idea. What do you guys think?