How to create and organize the statechart project to be used in Qt client code in the "Eclipse" IDE?

alex

Aug 22, 2021, 5:18:46 AM8/22/21
to YAKINDU User
Hello

The eclipse IDE is some how prohibitive for new comers and not so easy for me to pick up.

A) The Qt/c++ example (trafficlight) provided by Itemis is well organized.
A-1)It has a "model" folder where files relating to yakindu (the statechart+ code generation) go into it.
A-2)It has a seperate "implementation" folder where the Qt code/project is located.
A-3)Interestingly the auto generated code for the  statemachine is placed in the "machine" folder inside the qt project (i.e. implementation folder)

B) But I have problems in re-creating the same solution
B-1) What kind of a project should I create/new in the first place?
B-2) How can i add my current Qt project to it?
B-3) If i create a statechart project I fall into a host of problems when I later on want to "import" some header files from my external Qt/C++ project or when I try to set the absolute path of the "target folder" for the code generation tool and ... It seems i should add some "natures" to the project to enable adding "include paths" etc. Is this the best way to go OR some other approach might be better suited?????

C) It would be very kind if you could provide detailed instructions and step-by-step guide on how to create the "traffic light (Qt/c++)" example.
(I have already gone through the help contents but still the eclipse IDE and its concepts are not clear enough. If you could introduce entry level study materials it would be highly appreciated).

Regards and many thanks in advance.

Andreas Mülder

Aug 23, 2021, 4:31:44 AM8/23/21
to YAKINDU User
Hi Alex,

If you want to import header files make sure you create a CDT Project. There is some documentation available on how to do this:

Best regards,
Andreas