Import statement - "Import cannot be resolved"

Hans Wurst

Mar 29, 2022, 9:47:18 AM3/29/22
to YAKINDU User
I am trying to use a sub-statemachine, but the import statement doesn't work.

Steps to reproduce:

- Add a new general project to your workspace
- Add two new statechart models to the project, Model1 and Model2
- In Model1, (try to) import Model2:

import: "Model2.sct" // "Model2.ysc" in YSCT 4

Observed behaviour:

Message "Import 'Model2.sct' cannot be resolved." from Statechart Check (Fast)

Additional information:

This occurs with YSCT 3 and 4. It used to work once with version 4 (with a different model).

Any idea why this happens or where to find the cause? Thanks!

Cheers,
Florian

Thomas Kutz

Mar 31, 2022, 3:14:18 AM3/31/22
to YAKINDU User
Hi,

importing other statemachines is a Pro feature in YSCT 4. This will not work in YSCT 3. As it is a Pro feature, you need a valid Professional Edition License. You can check in the preferences under YAKINDU Licenses if a Professional Edition License is in place.

Best regards,
Thomas

Florian

Mar 31, 2022, 7:51:57 AM3/31/22
to yakind...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thanks for clarifying this.

In fact I do have a Standard license only. But I am a hundred percent sure that I tried this feature once in YSCT 4 w/ this very license before (like in last autumn).
Has the license changed, or had I accidentially used a Pro version for a period of time after installing version 4?
And secondly, is there a way to tell from the documentation that this feature is only available in Pro? Admittedly, the user guide marks this as a feature of version 4 (on the first page of chapter 11 only), but it doesn't tell about the license type.
Maybe this could be clearly marked in the documentation as well, especially since the error message is not very significant concerning the actual cause of the problem.

Best regards,
Florian

Vorstand/Board: Jens Wagener (Vors./chairman), Dr. Stephan Eberle, Abdelghani El-Kacimi, Wolfgang Neuhaus, Franz-Josef Schuermann
Aufsichtsrat/Supervisory Board: Michael Neuhaus (Vors./chairman), Harald Goertz, Eric Swehla
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Am Brambusch 15-24, 44536 Lünen (Germany)
Registergericht/Registry Court: Amtsgericht Dortmund | HRB 20621

Thomas Kutz

Mar 31, 2022, 8:18:38 AM3/31/22
to YAKINDU User
Hi,

we are working on restructuring the website to make such information much clearer. This is currently in process.

I guess that you initially started with a trial version (which includes the Pro features). And now after a while this trial is outdated and only the Standard license is available. Sorry for the inconvenience. We should discuss your license issue and how we can proceed via our support ticketing system:  https://info.itemis.com/en/yakindu/state-machine/contact

Best regards,
Thomas