yajhfc loosing older send faxes

Spyros Tsiolis

May 29, 2018, 2:01:24 AM5/29/18
to yajhfc-user
Hello,

Would anyone know why yajhfc doesn't show older sent faxes ?
I.E. the users can view faxes up to a couple of months ago.
But this is not good because at this specific company they need to
see sent faxes from five six years ago !!

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, someone let me know if this is a yajhfc issue or a hylafax issue.
I cannot pinpoint at the moment.

thank you,

s.

Jonas Wolz

May 29, 2018, 11:50:42 AM5/29/18
to Spyros Tsiolis, yajhf...@googlegroups.com
This is most likely a HylaFAX issue.

On Debian, in the default installation of the server there is a cron job ( /etc/cron.weekly/hylafax ) that calls faxcron and faxqclean to delete sent faxes after 35 days and received faxes after 100 days.
If you do not want that behaviour, you will have to edit /etc/default/hylafax or that cron job on the server.

Other distributions probably have a similar mechanism.

YajHFC simply shows all faxes the server has (as long as you do not define a filter).

Hope that helps
Jonas

Spyros Tsiolis

Jun 19, 2018, 4:49:12 AM6/19/18
to yajhfc-user
Hi Jonas,

I suspected this but I couldn't find anything on the hylafax pages.
Thank you very much for your time.

s.t.