Problem with YAJHFC and Windows 10

Mike Moody

Jun 6, 2018, 12:25:28 PM6/6/18
to yajhfc-user
We have a number of Windows 10 systems using the YAJHFC client to send faxes from the desktop.  Now some of these systems are suddenly unable to send faxes.  When the user tries to send the fax they hit the print button in whatever program they are in and the YAJHFC print dialogue box does not come up.  Looking in the task manager, I can see the yajhfc-printlaunch program running but nothing more.  I suspect a windows update broke it since it was working before.  Has anyone else seen this issue?  If so, how did you fix it?  Any help on this is appreciated.  Thanks.

einsnull werk

Jun 3, 2019, 3:56:20 AM6/3/19
to yajhfc-user
hi mike, we have exactly the same issue here on a windwos 10 client (pro with all updates installed).
i killed all tasks belonging to yajhfc (java.exe, yajhfc-printlaunch.exe) but this doesn't work. after printing i see the job in the print-queue but the "send fax"-dialogue will never open.
only a reboot works.
best, sascha

Mike Moody

Sep 17, 2019, 12:13:01 PM9/17/19
to yajhfc-user
I thought I had a fix for this issue by removing a Windows update but, it did not work.  I contacted Jonas Walz, the author of YAJHFC, and he had me try to run it in debug mode.  I did, but the debug log came back empty.  I have gone to Winprint Hylafax Reloaded to use for sending faxes from workstations.  It works but it lacks the features of YAJHFC.  If I can't get this resolved, I am going to work on installing Avantfax on my fax server.  I have to do this because I have to replace all of my Windows 7 systems by the beginning of 2020.  We are required to do this because we are a medical facility and Microsoft is ending support for Windows 7 in January.

Jonas Wolz

Sep 21, 2019, 9:49:25 AM9/21/19
to yajhf...@googlegroups.com, Mike Moody
Hi Mike,

have you tried uninstalling YajHFC and then reinstalling it using "mfilemon" as fax printer option?

Maybe that helps...

Jonas

On Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 9:25:28 AM UTC-7, Mike Moody wrote:
We have a number of Windows 10 systems using the YAJHFC client to send faxes from the desktop.  Now some of these systems are suddenly unable to send faxes.  When the user tries to send the fax they hit the print button in whatever program they are in and the YAJHFC print dialogue box does not come up.  Looking in the task manager, I can see the yajhfc-printlaunch program running but nothing more.  I suspect a windows update broke it since it was working before.  Has anyone else seen this issue?  If so, how did you fix it?  Any help on this is appreciated.  Thanks.

Fionn MacCumhaill

May 8, 2020, 10:58:45 AM5/8/20
to yajhfc-user

Is this problem still happening with the recent versions of Windows 10?

scogo...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2021, 8:33:53 AM4/22/21
to yajhfc-user
Yes, no change.  Still a problem

jdgre...@hotmail.com

Jul 30, 2021, 1:07:35 PM7/30/21
to yajhfc-user
I tested with Windows 10 21H1 and it transmitted faxes. I did get a warning message:
Jul 29, 2021 9:39:21 AM yajhfc.shutdown.ShutdownManager getInstance
WARNING: Error installing Win32 shutdown manager:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/misc/SignalHandler
    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.findClassOnClassPathOrNull(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClassOrNull(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at yajhfc.shutdown.Win32ShutdownManager.<init>(Win32ShutdownManager.java:87)
    at yajhfc.shutdown.ShutdownManager.getInstance(ShutdownManager.java:62)
    at yajhfc.shutdown.ShutdownManager.deleteOnExit(ShutdownManager.java:84)
    at yajhfc.file.MultiFileConverter.convertMultipleFiles(MultiFileConverter.java:107)
    at yajhfc.file.MultiFileConverter.convertMultipleFilesToSingleFile(MultiFileConverter.java:206)
    at yajhfc.send.SendFileManager.putPDFFile(SendFileManager.java:154)
    at yajhfc.send.SendFileManager.uploadFiles(SendFileManager.java:93)
    at yajhfc.send.SendController$SendWorker.doWork(SendController.java:348)
    at yajhfc.util.ProgressWorker.run(ProgressWorker.java:189)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.misc.SignalHandler
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    ... 18 more