yajhfc does not launch tel. number pop-up

已查看 66 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Spyros Tsiolis

未读,
2016年2月12日 04:50:142016/2/12
收件人 yajhfc-user
Hello,

I was wondering whether someone has stumbled upon the following
specific problem.

I have a small number of thin-clients working at a clients site.
The thin-clients run ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-bit for about two years now.
Yajhfc client was working fine.
Until a couple of days ago, when someone tries to send a fax
from a document and the pop-dialog for the fax details does not
show on-screen.

I took away the packages, then re-installed them the other day.
It worked for about 24 hours then the same thing occurred.

Does  anyone know how I can hunt this down ? I have no idea how
to solve this.

Thank you in advance,

spyros

Spyros Tsiolis

未读,
2016年4月7日 04:46:202016/4/7
收件人 yajhfc-user
Hello again,

So I did a fresh installation of the clients and this time round I
installed manually by executing the java command
(java -jar yajhfc-0_6_0.jar), added the yajhfc printer manually
and followed step 2 (named pipes) on the yajhfc site.
It worked for the user with admin privs, but it doesn't work
for the rest of the users.
Again, when trying to print to the yajhfc device, the yajhfc client
refuses to bring up the window asking for the tel number etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone ??

Tia,

s.

Jonas Wolz

未读,
2016年4月10日 10:32:342016/4/10
收件人 yajhf...@googlegroups.com
Does YajHFC print any error messages?
Does CUPS show any errors?

In Version 0.6.0 I had to move the location of the named pipe from /tmp/yajhfc-$USER to /var/spool/yajhfc/printer-$USER because with systemd every daemon gets its own private /tmp directory, so the CUPS backend was no longer able to access the named pipe in /tmp

To narrow down the problem you can check the following things:

1. Can the client create the named pipe?
I.e. after starting YajHFC a file named /var/spool/yajhfc/printer-$USER (or whatever name the client is configured to create the named pipe as) should show up (replace $USER with the user's name of course)

2. If such a file shows up, does the send dialog appear if you write to that named pipe?
For example if you do a "cat /etc/passwd > /var/spool/yajhfc/printer-$USER", YajHFC should react.

If both things work, it most likely is some problem with the CUPS backend (most likely some issue with permissions).
These are a bit difficult to debug, but since the backend is a simple shell script, you may be able to track it down by editing it to output some "diagnostic information" (for example you can insert something like a "ls -l /var/spool/yajhfc > /tmp/test" to find out if the backend is able to see the directory and so on...)

Jonas

Spyros Tsiolis

未读,
2016年5月18日 14:00:342016/5/18
收件人 yajhfc-user

On Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 5:32:34 PM UTC+3, Jonas Wolz wrote:
[...]

Hi Jonas and thank you for the late reply.
Thought no-one would answer this.
I found a diferrent way of dealing with this.
I did not add the repositories for the installation but better
downloaded , installed and started manually the whole thing.
Works much much better now and from what it seems I have zero
trouble with it.

Thank yoy again and I apologise for the late reply.
As I stated, I thought no-one would answer this.

Regards,

spyros

回复全部
回复作者